• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Check out the DLE-35RA

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hey guys, i have a question, my dle 35ra throttle response seems sluggish when plane is flying, especially when i idle down, one other thing, i feel like my servo arm may be to long for the throttle. When i throttle up to around quarter throttle, its pretty much at full wide open, i really don't have a smooth transition from idle to wide open, i do have my endpoints set. Any ideas

Thanks

What radio are you using? You could optimize your throttle linkage with a different arm etc. If it was me (lazy) I would just set up a throttle curve. The throttle curve lets you change how far the servo travels at a given point on the stick position.

For the response question... what prop are you running? Also, how much fuel is through it?

afrye1

30cc
im using a dx8 with ar9. channel spectrum receiver. I am flying a balanced 20x8 xoar, i also have a 19x8 prop ive balanced by xoar as well, but have not tried this. I have ran about 30 oz of fuel through it on lawn boy and 93 octane gas, could you give me a rough estimate on your throttle curve settings

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

Ok... the 20x8 is too much prop when the motor is new. Put the 19x8 on there and it will be much happier.

The throttle curve settings are not going to be the same but I can tell from what you said that you need to turn the low end of the stick way down. Try and get half throttle to sound like half throttle or use a tac. I like to try and shoot for a somewhat linear throttle response. So for example 1/4 throttle is at 1/4 max rpms.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok... the 20x8 is too much prop when the motor is new. Put the 19x8 on there and it will be much happier.

The throttle curve settings are not going to be the same but I can tell from what you said that you need to turn the low end of the stick way down. Try and get half throttle to sound like half throttle or use a tac. I like to try and shoot for a somewhat linear throttle response. So for example 1/4 throttle is at 1/4 max rpms.

Yeah, what Nate said :)

I'm going off the top of my head, but I think I have my many of throttle curves setup like this:

15% throttle at 20% curve
25% throttle at 40% curve
45% throttle at 60% curve
70% throttle at 80% curve

afrye1

30cc
alrighty, thank you very much, thats a huge help, i do fly 3d, would a 18x8 be to small? would this be a good specifically high alpha maneuvers

3dNater

Ok, my motor has been well broken in for quite a while. Last weekend I had a crash that resulted in a broken xoar sword 20x8 and landing gear. The new gear is on the way... I am contemplating changing props. The xoar 19x8 I feel is not enough load for the motor now that it is making maximum power. The 20x8 was nice but I want more speed out of the plane. I'm contemplating a 19x10.

Who makes the best beechwood 19x10? I can't afford CF so don't bother with bringing that up ;)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok, my motor has been well broken in for quite a while. Last weekend I had a crash that resulted in a broken xoar sword 20x8 and landing gear. The new gear is on the way... I am contemplating changing props. The xoar 19x8 I feel is not enough load for the motor now that it is making maximum power. The 20x8 was nice but I want more speed out of the plane. I'm contemplating a 19x10.

Who makes the best beechwood 19x10? I can't afford CF so don't bother with bringing that up ;)

The Xoar 19x10 laminated prop in had was pretty beefy... If I was to do that size again I'd look at Falcon.