• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Cbarnes 3D Slab Thread

BalsaDust

image.jpg
image.jpg

Start of the mojo. Most important part was to trace all the cut parts as I know I will need another at some point. I will get more pics tonight as I have the rudder stab and elevator all framed as well and the wing is ready for sheeting. Not as much as I wanted to get done today but it will have to do. Had other things come up like getting the white and blue slime scheme profile shipped to its new owner in Texas, work on gifts for the wife, and go get our tickets for the 1PM showing of Star Wars on Saturday. Should finish framing it tomorrow and have it ready to cover.

Alky6

150cc
View attachment 46625 View attachment 46626

Start of the mojo. Most important part was to trace all the cut parts as I know I will need another at some point. I will get more pics tonight as I have the rudder stab and elevator all framed as well and the wing is ready for sheeting. Not as much as I wanted to get done today but it will have to do. Had other things come up like getting the white and blue slime scheme profile shipped to its new owner in Texas, work on gifts for the wife, and go get our tickets for the 1PM showing of Star Wars on Saturday. Should finish framing it tomorrow and have it ready to cover.
Nice! Does that one use the 1/2" fiberglass tube in the fuse?

BalsaDust

Yup. 3/8" thick fuse with a 1/2" tube. If I don't repair my old one I plan to tear it down and salvage to tube out of it.

BalsaDust

Thin and medium ca through out. Tube will get glued in with loctite brand Go2Glue and the motor mount will be epoxied. They are not glued in in the picture just sitting there so everything gets framed correctly.

I can't wait to cover this thing but it might be a little bit. Gotta be sure and get homemade gifts done for the wife and we start shut down at work next week.

BalsaDust

image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok slight change to the fuse. My previous mojo was way tail heavy. I relocated the tail servo bay up one and will mount the servo as far forward in that bay as possible. This will give me the ability to move my flight battery to adjust the cg.
Wing bottom is sheeted and wing is flipped over and ready for the sheeting on the top. Got the LE sheeting wrapped around and that's it for the night. Starting to see double so it's bed time.

Alky6

150cc
I had the same tail heavy problem on my mojo25. Planning to do the same as you on the next build. Need to finish my JTEC extra first, then the mojo65, then to another 25. Sheesh, at the rate I'm going it's gonna be forever. Though if I can put them together as fast as you....

Bipeguy03

150cc
So now I need to know more about this Pitts profile. Got any plans we could sneak a peak at.

Yep, they are just hand drawn on the back of a set of glider plans but I'll grab a picture tomorrow and post it.

If I remember right I think it has like a 48" span and I was thinking of bolting a .60 on the nose.

BalsaDust

I had the same tail heavy problem on my mojo25. Planning to do the same as you on the next build. Need to finish my JTEC extra first, then the mojo65, then to another 25. Sheesh, at the rate I'm going it's gonna be forever. Though if I can put them together as fast as you....

Do you have a full kit of the 65 or just the short kit.
As much as I hate working nights it's great for my hobby. On my nights off I just go to the shop and play once the wife goes to bed.

BalsaDust

Yep, they are just hand drawn on the back of a set of glider plans but I'll grab a picture tomorrow and post it.

If I remember right I think it has like a 48" span and I was thinking of bolting a .60 on the nose.

Please do I would love to see it. Maybe I could be convinced to build a prototype. Plans for a 60 size nitro me thinks a 1.20 four stroke would be the cats meow. :)