• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Building of the 30cc Slick 540 from Redwing RC!!!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Thanks Jake, That is the kind of info I am looking for. I just want something that is not going to fall apart in the air. Good close in. I have had 2 small 3dhs and a couple EF planes. I have had no real problems with either so that level of quality is know to me albeit one seems better than the other. Looking at all my options the Redwing planes are looking really good. This is the bad part of buying air frames sight unseen as it feel like a gamble. That is why these forums are such an asset to me.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I totally understand. It's like gambling. Would you like any shots of the 50cc? I can get you anything you need. I can also get you any shots of any other Redwing frame. The only things I changed were the servo arms. And at the time, the 50cc only came with 3 hings in the tail and I made it into 5. Either one would have been fine, just safe measures. I do know that the 30cc Slick on a DLE35 is close to DA120 power on a 35%. Which is awesome!

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I totally understand. It's like gambling. Would you like any shots of the 50cc? I can get you anything you need. I can also get you any shots of any other Redwing frame. The only things I changed were the servo arms. And at the time, the 50cc only came with 3 hings in the tail and I made it into 5. Either one would have been fine, just safe measures. I do know that the 30cc Slick on a DLE35 is close to DA120 power on a 35%. Which is awesome!

You're making me even more anxious to fly mine.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Been reading and searching a lot. I think I have watched all the videos Tim has done. Still debating what my best route for a new plane. This is right up there in my choices.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Been reading and searching a lot. I think I have watched all the videos Tim has done. Still debating what my best route for a new plane. This is right up there in my choices.

I can tell you that the build was not difficult and my only issues were hardware related, which Tim proactively and quickly resolved. My only criticism was the way the bottom cowl mounting screws went in and Tim said he is modifying the design on future runs of this model. The model seems pretty durable from what I can tell however some deer/car issues have my maiden delayed so flight wise I would tell you to message funflyr. He has this model in the orange scheme and can tell you more about its flight characteristics. These models DO NOT come with wingbags but you can make a set or purchase a set from Redwing and still come out at or maybe a little cheaper than the big two (check my math). If you do not have the engine and gear to equip this model yet then check out Redwing's "red deals". Probably the best bang for your buck in 30cc.

quadracer

100cc
Build and covering quality is better than 3DHS. I have owned AJ Slicks. I've never seen a plane without a rough landing just fall apart in the air. It is getting a complete front end rebuilt and has never hit the ground in any other way than on it's wheels. Don't give me wrong, 3DHS planes are floaty and great 3d birds. But when you have to rebuild a plane that's never been crashed in 3 years I find that disappointing.

EF is amazing. I couldn't ask for more out of my EF Extra. Build strength and quality is awesome. Though the covering is wrinkled out a lot. Even after going over it. Granted it sits in a trailer but so does the Redwing.

I agree EF makes some nice planes, but in my experience, the only plane I've seen come apart in mid air is an EF 104. :?
I've been to a few events here and there and seen a bunch of 3dhs planes fly, never seen one come apart (in person).

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

I agree EF makes some nice planes, but in my experience, the only plane I've seen come apart in mid air is an EF 104. :?
I've been to a few events here and there and seen a bunch of 3dhs planes fly, never seen one come apart (in person).

Really EF plane? Somebody Had to forget to use CA in the build.