• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Booma RC Intellimatch servo matching

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
I agree. I am on the fence. I have three planes currently with dual aileron servos and one plane with dual rudder servos. I am using the radio or Smart Fly to do it now.... so will adding another point of failure be worth it? That is the question, assuming they work as advertised and I bet they do. :winking-thumbs-up-s

thurmma;11717 wrote: I will be replacing JR matchboxes in a 3 servo per wing setup. I will hook up my quad current meter before pulling the old boxes out a video going from full throw to full throw and then compare it to the new setup the same way. If it works as advertised it should be greatly reduced current draw at all positions :)

Perfect, I am using matchboxes on my 35% and would replace mine as well if they work like they say. I am using a JR 9503, so I don't have the option of matching with my transmitter.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Ok I have fooled with this thing all afternoon. I have something wrong and haven't figured it out yet. It runs through its cycle and is dead perfect on one end of the travel, and binding on the other end. I have tweaked pushrod lengths, changed the height of the ball links on the control horns, screwed with endpoints and subtrims on the TX... Both Ailerons doing the same thing. Makes me wonder if I might have something goofy on the endpoints programmed into the servos (Hitec). Tomorrow I will reset the servos to default and try again...

Mikeq

150cc
Humm...wonder if Booma Rc even knows about this website...Jaybird I'm sure if they were here you might get help figuring out your issue...I'm going to try and send them a message about GSN...

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Well I got it to work pretty good by reducing the throw. I think my problem is the control arm geometry sucks. The pushrod and servo arm ends up almost in a straight line at full deflection and it's just off further than the intellimatch can compensate for at the ends of the travel. Because this is an ARF I'm not going to easily be able to move the control horn over, but I think moving to 1.75" arms will get me in the ballpark.

With that figured out I can say that that Intellimatch works perfectly. Very quick and easy to program. Pretty neat to watch it go through its matching sequence. It's also well built and very compact. Put 4 flights on it yesterday in a brand new bird without any issues.

I would feel good recommending it, just have to keep in mind that your mechanical setup has to be optimized to get the best results.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Glad you got it worked out... I was however, hoping the device might be able to overcome

Some of my less-than-perfect set up challenges..

thurmma

150cc
jaybird;12858 wrote: Well I got it to work pretty good by reducing the throw. I think my problem is the control arm geometry sucks. The pushrod and servo arm ends up almost in a straight line at full deflection and it's just off further than the intellimatch can compensate for at the ends of the travel. Because this is an ARF I'm not going to easily be able to move the control horn over, but I think moving to 1.75" arms will get me in the ballpark.

With that figured out I can say that that Intellimatch works perfectly. Very quick and easy to program. Pretty neat to watch it go through its matching sequence. It's also well built and very compact. Put 4 flights on it yesterday in a brand new bird without any issues.

I would feel good recommending it, just have to keep in mind that your mechanical setup has to be optimized to get the best results.

Thanks for the info [MENTION=97]jaybird[/MENTION]. Mine will be here today and will be doing the install tonight unless the weather holds out, then I will be taking my daughter to see Foreigner :) It is an outdoor venue and at this time we have about 50% chance of T-storms tonight.

thurmma

150cc
Phil Griffin;12862 wrote: Glad you got it worked out... I was however, hoping the device might be able to overcome

Some of my less-than-perfect set up challenges..

I was looking through the installation instructions and they do recommend getting the mechanical side as close as possible before installing the matchboxes. I believe I saw somewhere in the instructions that there was a 5%+- tolerance, which is a pretty good bit of tolerance. We shall see what happens when I go to install mine on my 3 servo ailerons :)

thurmma

150cc
I just sent BoomaRC an email letting them know about the site and that people are asking questions on configuration and it would be good to hear from the company that developed the product.