• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Booma RC Intellimatch servo matching

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Awesome to hear! I love this product. I can't wait to see if they come out with a v2...How about 200 points? 300 points?

thurmma

150cc
@thurmma Did you check that the servo moves freely and doesn't bind somewhere along the curve? I think the device works by measuring the current, so it it finds a spot where the servo binds a little and draws more current, it may think that's a mechanical end point. This is a dumb question, but you did hook it up AFTER the power distro unit, right?

Yes, we tried every possible combination we could think of to make it work. It works good with JR Matchboxes so after hours of trying to get it to work, BoomaRC had me send the units back to them with the conclusion that my wings may be just outside the tolerance of the devices. @BoomaRC & Justin a Vital-RC are flat out some of the most awesome people to work with. I am waiting for the next version to come out and will try the IM14 again! I am actually getting ready to order an IM22 for a 103" 3DHS Extra330SC that I am reworking. I was just going to put one servo in each wing as I plan on mainly using the bird for IMAC, but have decided to run two servos per wing to provide a dead on deflection of the ailerons.

Vital-Rc

50cc
@IMAC FANATIC Are you Daves friend? I've been emailing him with a similar issue. I sent him a link to my site and instructions on how to properly setup the im22. I had an issue with my login on GSN so im a little late to this thread. After I sent a few emails he also claims he now has it working great.

If you guys have any future issue with your products just contact the dealer you purchased them from or send me an email to justin@vital-rc.com and I will help you out with anything I can.

I also told booma about the instructions on the im22 you guys had issues with so once I hear back from them I will update you guys accordingly but please see https://duraliteflightsystems.com/index.phproute=product/product&path=154_151&product_id=476
or my site for the current operating instructions http://www.vital-rc.com/store/p59/IM-22_INTELLIMATCH.html

Also posted below are some troubleshooting guild lines if you guys happen to need it, as always if you're not happy with booma rc and you purchased them through www.vital-rc.com we will refund you 100% , please don't send back units that were damaged by the end user; we can tell. :)

1)The power must be on.

2)The button associated with the flashing LED is pushed.

a.When the button is pushed the servo input pulse position is ignored and the output pulse is frozen at the selected end point for few seconds to give acknowledgment feedback to the end user.

b.After the short period the servo input pulse is activated again so the user can readjust the endpoint if necessary.

c.This process can be repeated endlessly while the power is applied.

3)The endpoints are only remembered while the power is applied. As soon as power is cycled the end points are reset to factory. We do this so the user can start again if they are not happy with the previously selected end points. This is where the customer may be running into the issue.

4)After setting the endpoints and without cycling the power, to run the intelligent matching

a.The user should simply plug in the arming plug WITHOUT CYCLING THE POWER.

b.Once the arming plus is inserted, press the appropriate channel button to start the matching.

c.Pressing button I will cause the IM22 to cycle between the endpoints and start matching channel 1 (A)

d.Pressing button II will cause the IM22 to cycle between the endpoints and start matching channel 2 (B).

e.Note. You can only do 1 x Intellimatch routine with the arming plug inserted. The arming plug must be removed after the matching cycle is complete and power MUST be cycled to start the process for a second channel. This is a safety feature so a matching situation cannot happen in run mode i.e. during flight.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Hey, thanks. The boxes are working perfectly now, now that we have the instructions correct theyre the best product ive ever seen for servo matching EVER. Matter of fact ill be ordering another for the rudder, I see zero need to ever use a 3 point matchbox on a precision plane, ill save the old matchboxes for some scale build later down the road. Thanks again, and yes.. Dave is my friend, best buddy ive ever known.