• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Best throttle servo

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Hi guys
It looks like you have a leak from somewhere in the engine.
The 106 is very trusty engine when it comes to low idle but even the slightest leaking can cause what you've describe.
Since it's a very high compress engine I've seen this happens with a loos can, it did affect the high rpm but also the low.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My 106 has visited Aircraft International a few times. Always gets a clean bill of health. I will look at the linkage again.

Thanks

thurmma

150cc
Other than it being loud because the canisters aren't on it yet, for the most part, yes. Still trying to work out the mid range burble. getting closer, but afraid I will end up to lean on the top end when it is done. If I lean the bottom any more, the throttle sags when you accelerate quickly. Just waiting for some more decent weather to do more testing and tweaking. We got 4" of snow and 1/2" of sleet 2 nights ago, so not much flying going on here for now.

Is your carb pulse port in direct air flow? If so, you may want to either try to install a 90 degree intake horn or solder a nipple onto the front pump cover and run a line into the fuse.

thurmma

150cc
The carb has the 3W 90 degree horn on it with the pulse port hose from the carb connected to it. I will try to send you a picture of the front of the cowl.

thurmma

150cc
@Bunky.F.Knuckle here is the picture of the cowl. I noticed that there is a drip on the bottom of the cone. Any ideas?

Attachments

• FrontCowl.jpg
    FrontCowl.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 273

thurmma

150cc
I haven't yet, but once the weather clears I will. I don't have a snorkel on my 3w 150 and it runs great.