• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Best throttle servo

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Not happy with the lack of consistent idle speed on my 3W-106, one thought is to figure out if a better servo would help. Currently using a Hitec HS-5955. Any suggestions on a servo or idle speed reliability?

David

Last edited:
Somebody, just yesterday, mentioned they replaced their ignition with an RCXEL ignition and their idle smoothed out.

BJ Swope

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Not an idle problem per se (chugging, dying, etc) but engine chooses to idle at different speeds. Always fine tuning in flight before landing.

David

thurmma

150cc
Have you double checked the linkage to make sure something hasn't loosened up? I did just replace the ignition on my 3w-106 and it cleared a lot of things up, but I am still having trouble getting the engine to idle down when coming in for a landing. I am going to swap out my throttle servo and see if that helps. Once I have landed the engine drops to almost a dying idle and I have to click it up a couple times to keep it from dying. I am still tweaking the carb, but the low end responds great, so I don't believe it is in the low end needle.

My QS 150 did the same thing, but I heard a small pop on a fly by 2 years ago. Pulled throttle back to idle, and it just hung there. Then it came down. Started looking things over, and found a cylinder head gasket was pushed out on the front side. Air leaks will cause havoc on idles.

Probably not a bad idea to check them all. I've even seen a loose exhaust manifold cause a hanging idle too. Does it sound like it should?