• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Lee.
I am the one that set it up on a 3 position switch in the sway you describe. Down is low rate. Middle is off. Up is high rate. Both the low rate and the high rate is in NORMAL MODE, not heeding Hold Mode. The hold mode is kind of cool, and I could see using it to land a slope glider on the side of a hill maybe, but for flying 3D it is useless. That is to say, if you are wanting the Cortex to give you support while YOU fly the plane, the Hold mode is useless. Give it a try to see some of the parlor tricks you can do with it, but for me I don't use it. I use the high rate normal mode while flying in high wind, and I use the low rate during good conditions.

To set it up in the way I describe, you must use the computer to program it. If there is not enough room to mount the Cortex, take a piece of small ply and glue it to the bottom of the RX tray so that it creates a new shelf sticking off the back of the RX tray, then mount the RX on the new shelf. It works perfectly in my 60" electrics.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Lee.
I am the one that set it up on a 3 position switch in the sway you describe. Down is low rate. Middle is off. Up is high rate. Both the low rate and the high rate is in NORMAL MODE, not heeding Hold Mode. The hold mode is kind of cool, and I could see using it to land a slope glider on the side of a hill maybe, but for flying 3D it is useless. That is to say, if you are wanting the Cortex to give you support while YOU fly the plane, the Hold mode is useless. Give it a try to see some of the parlor tricks you can do with it, but for me I don't use it. I use the high rate normal mode while flying in high wind, and I use the low rate during good conditions.

To set it up in the way I describe, you must use the computer to program it. If there is not enough room to mount the Cortex, take a piece of small ply and glue it to the bottom of the RX tray so that it creates a new shelf sticking off the back of the RX tray, then mount the RX on the new shelf. It works perfectly in my 60" electrics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395495561.882470.jpg

Plenty of space on the rear tray in the 48" Edge

dskuro95

100cc
[MENTION=2566]arkie[/MENTION] The Cortex in the 72" extra is flippin' awesome! Flew mine in 15mph winds and you could put it in knife edge and just let go.

My 72 is electric with a hacker a60-6xs and a castle ice hv120

arkie

30cc
I sell a one piece wire loom that makes moving the cortex from plane to plane easy, mount the cortex to a small piece of ply and they use 3m dual lock to mount the ply into your plane, moving it from one to the other is as simple as plugging in the bind plug and going through the teaching sequence

http://www.3drcparts.com/3drcparts-one-plug-wiring-harness-loom-for-bavarian-demon-cortex/

IMG_7587_12_14_2013__28277.1387074817.1280.1280.jpg

[MENTION=51]3drcparts.com[/MENTION]; Thanks, I think I will order a couple of those. I go my Cortex from you and my son bought one as well. If I am going to switch between my 72 Extra gas and 48 Edge electric do I use the thick or thin pad? I have already used the thick because I was first planning on using with the Extra but would like to use in both. If I need to use a thick pad will I have to order another or can I use so other type double sided tape to mount to plate?

Also does it matter which 3M Dual Lock I get or is it all about the same? Looks like they make several different types.

Thanks for the information!

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
I would stay with the thicker pad for both, your going to want the added isolation for gas and I doubt it will hurt the electric, I'm using the low profile 3m dual lock, really liking this product not only for the cortex but for rx install etc, doesn't have the side to side wiggle like velcro, locks the plate in nicely. i've been using this system for 3 months now, works great, just moved a couple this evening for tomorrow's flying.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I would stay with the thicker pad for both, your going to want the added isolation for gas and I doubt it will hurt the electric, I'm using the low profile 3m dual lock, really liking this product not only for the cortex but for rx install etc, doesn't have the side to side wiggle like velcro, locks the plate in nicely. i've been using this system for 3 months now, works great, just moved a couple this evening for tomorrow's flying.

Ole, I haven't looked, but do you sell the 3m dual lock? Be cool to offer some as an add on bundle with the loom.

I'm really tempted to grab a loom or two myself :)

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
not yet, I'm going to look into it as I have a 3M account. I really like the 2" width stuff, but I'm pretty sure they only sell that in rolls of 100 yards. but for all my friends here at 3drcforums, if you buy a wire loom and ask me, I will throw in enough to do a couple planes from my personal stash

I found these at Walmart the other day. Both the thick and thin dual lock.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395550414.491601.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395550376.843205.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395550376.843205.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 303

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
nice to see this making it way to main street retail, last time I bought, it was 299.68 for 2" by 150 ft roll and that was as small as I could buy