• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Awesome Video Thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Continuing with the round motor theme this morning...just an AWESOME video!!
Really enjoy watching the Horsemen fly the Mustang, but this is a nice change of pace.

Really enjoyed that did not realize the Bearcat was so popular and powerful. Question to the aeroplane experts how does the Bearcat stack up to the Mustang

WMcNabb

150cc
Thank you for that I enjoyed that and cleared up a lot of questions. The Bearcat is an incredible aeroplane.

Would love to build a 1/4 scale Bearcat. Seems the only one around is a 3W kit. A few more options for 1/5 scale.
I want a 4 stroke radial such as a Moki 250, which may be too large for 1/5 scale.

One key to the model is a realistic landing gear. A friend has a set, but no idea of the manufacturer.
6F34C3EA-0EAE-4272-B00A-4E7C1EEF3DF8.jpeg 737FEB43-9D7A-495F-95D3-457D64B54C20.jpeg

Full scale retraction video for reference below.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The final detail for a Bearcat model is the ability to swing a big, scale, 4-blade.
Good news is that someone has already solved that problem.

The gear on the Bearcat sure is different but it is ingenious. Love the plane I wonder why there are so many model mustangs around and so few Bearcats. Is the Bearcat tough to fly or does it not scale down well. The 3W Bearcat does look good not a lot of info around.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's that "love affair" thing. The Bearcat is a very cool plane. But so much credit was given to the Mustang during the war and after...and now present day...that pretty much anything else has to take a back seat to the Mighty Stang. Not that any of the others were slouches. Those big round engines sound so cool. A 1/5 scale B-cat would be cool with a big round engine and massive scale prop.
The final detail for a Bearcat model is the ability to swing a big, scale, 4-blade.
Good news is that someone has already solved that problem.

The plane I want to build after the Behemoth Stang is probably going to be a joint effort with my awesome son @Shayne Epley. He loves the B29. I luvs me a big ole' "Mitch". (B25) Course there is always the B17 too. And lets not forget the B24 Liberator. Those were so cool. Anways, we want a really REALLY big one with radials. Ah but that is years off. LOL