• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Awesome Video Thread

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
A couple things, did anyone notice the fabric dancing on the wing, and did anyone notice how little aileron movement sent it quickly rolling?

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Robert,

I have to say I noticed both of those things. I didn't realize to was the fabric at first but it moved with the flow. All this 3D stuff these days makes people put too much throw in all of their control surfaces. A little bit of throw on a properly balanced plane will do amazing things, but of course you already know this. . . . . . :yesss:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
By the way gents, just that engine need's a special weight waiver here in the US coming in at 62lbs.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok, here is my next engine!

Not! lol.
That powerplant is a Valach 800.
That is just to big. I could not imagine trying to live with that. Just logistics alone is nuts. With all that is needed to get it to the field, fly it and get home and cleaned up would maybe happen twice a year, just not worth the effort. Nice plane but not to have.