• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Austin Texas 3D Bash

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok Folks, here we go; everything is coming together here in Austin for the 3DRCFORUMS "Austin 3D Bash". Those that have been here before know that the gang here at ARCA will stop short of nothing when it comes to hosting a 3D Event. This year is no different; if you want to experience a weekend of flying, fellowship, and great food without a bunch of rules and restrictions; this is the venue. Mark your calendars, visit "RC Flightdeck" to pre-register,finish up those new Airplanes, and get down here. Austin is a family friendly city, bring your family, there is plenty to do. May and June are the perfect months to visit; the weather is great and you do not want to miss this special opportunity. I will be posting soon, very important info. regarding special rates on Hotels, information on how to reserve a 30amp or 50amp RV hook up, and links to other interesting venues if you plan to come early or bring the family.:cool:

Doug (Flykimbro)
ARCA VP and CD

Lots of great info there Doug, and gotta say, it's a real pleasure getting to have an awesome fly-in so close by! We really appreciate ARCA stepping up to host an event this year!

TCaptain

30cc
Contacted the Hotel in Manor; “Americas Best Value INN and Suitesâ€. Tony Brown the GM passed on a special rate of $70.00 per night plus tax; the guest must mention “ARCA†to receive this special rate.

Tony is a RC Pilot as well and is very familiar with our club and events etc.

If your not staying at the field and need a place to stay; don't wait to long to reserve your room.

Visit the link below to Pre-Register for the 3D Bash and book your Hotel.

http://www.rcflightdeck.com/event_details.cfm?event_id=2958

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

TCaptain

30cc
There is always talk from the Pilots attending if there is something the family could do while in Austin. Well, look over the attached links; they should give you a head start.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g30196-Activities-c46-Austin_Texas.html

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/calendar

http://austinonabike.com/the-sweet-new-bike-path-from-austin-to-manor-pics/

Also, don't forget to add your name to the Pilot list; your flying buddies are going to wonder if your going to be there!:cool:

Doug (Flykimbro)
ARCA VP and CD

TCaptain

30cc
SnowDog said:
Great news! that might be just what I need to push me over the edge and hop on a plane and get there! thanks!

Do you think the hotel would shuttle us to/from the flying site in the morning and evening?

SnowDog,
Just let me know what you need regarding getting to and from the Hotel; I will pick you up and take you back if you need. I live in that direction and it would not be a problem what so ever! Just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just heard from Tim [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION] that he'll be bringing a few planes down for people to try at the event!!!

That's right! If you've never seen or flown a RedwingRC airplane before, then here is your chance!
Swing by the Austin 3D Bash and take one for a ride!

dskuro95

100cc
Dang. Wish I wasn't so far away. Would love to give one a try. The event is on my birthday too. Hey dad, plane ticket please?
Just heard from Tim @RedwingRC that he'll be bringing a few planes down for people to try at the event!!!

That's right! If you've never seen or flown a RedwingRC airplane before, then here is your chance!
Swing by the Austin 3D Bash and take one for a ride!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
damn right! We'll have a trailer full of boxed planes but will hope to have at least 3 or 4 fully ready to fly for people to try.

Looking forward to meeting some of you there!
Tim