• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Assembly: Aeroworks QB 150cc Yak 55M

Joe Hunt

150cc
IMG_6423aaaweb.jpg

Joe Hunt

150cc
I made that last image 900pixels and the site didn't seem to reduce the quality as much as it is the others. I'll do some high res links eventually. But, Naughty Monkey is right... time to get the plane RTF to start having some fun! :)

Joe Hunt

150cc
Okay, back to the assembly. I mentioned that everything on the plane was a perfect fit... wings, tubes, anti-rotation dowels, all bolts and blind nuts, et al. But, I did finally find one thing that I had to fix/adjust. I had put the cowl on, and I had put the hatch on, but I had never bolted them down tight together. When I tried I basically could not do it. The cowl was in the way of the hatch going on. The fix was very quick and easy. I added some 3/32 plywood pieces to the the blind nut ply pieces on the cowl. That spaced the cowl back 3/32" and then the cowl and hatch got along just fine. Basically the cowl ring was glued on 3/32" off of where it needed to be. Other than that the fit and finish is perfect.

20150910_194931web.jpg