• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Are you going to register with the FAA? Cast Your Vote!

Are you going to register with the FAA?

• Yes

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 33.0%

• Total voters

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
we have a very SERIOUS problem in this country with apathy and a lack of education of our citizens on our principles
we also have a problem with not being willing to tell people that are doing dumb things that they are doing dumb things. if more people had pointed out all of the dumb stuff being done in youtube videos then this might not have gone as far out of control as it did.

corch

30cc
Yes I'm registering. And I'm going to show and encourage others to show what good and responsible people AMA members are while the FAA watches.

Together we stand, divided we fall. We can buck the system and become part of the "drone war problem" or we can register and further separate ourselves from the ones that do not.

Here's the reality......it doesn't affect us. A modeling friend of mine put it this way, "we can scream civil liberties and slippery slope and all the other NRA worries, but it’s toy airplanes. Those aren’t real worries until people are actually doing damage with our toys."

Smitty

50cc
I don't think any AMA member should use the FAA website to signup. First off I don't trust them with my credit card number. Second if everyone downloaded a application and used the mail with a 5 dollar money order just imagine the amount of paper work those people would have to do and they would have to enter that money into their system and with a money order they would have to make a deposit by hand not on a computer

Suds

50cc
Check your E-mail, fresh info from the AMA.
Yes, excerpt from the AMA letter:
As we proceed with this process, we suggest AMA members hold off on registering their model aircraft with the FAA until advised by the AMA or until February 19, the FAA's legal deadline for registering existing model aircraft.

Holding off on registration will allow AMA time to fully consider all possible options. On a parallel track, it also allows AMA to complete ongoing conversations with the FAA about how best to streamline the registration process for our members.

In the near future, we will also be asking our members to make their voices heard by submitting comments to the FAA's interim rule on registration. We will follow-up soon with more detailed information on how to do this.

Thank you for your continued support of AMA. We will provide you with more updates as they become available.

Kind regards,
The AMA Executive Council