• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Applied Gasoline Engine Systems for RC.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Great 1932! But lets not get ahead of ourselves....Lets get this AIR part all figured out first and all the systems involving air that affect the engine. Then we will move forward as long as others get in here and help too!

How about we start with:

1. Air Intake at the Carb
2. Air Pressure at/on the metering diaphragm
3. Air Flow over the jugs for cooling
4. Air Temperature as it effects cooling and engine tune
5. Air leaks at the carb/reeds block/crankcase mating surfaces.
6. Pilot's that are air heads???:confused:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Great yakken! "Stinking Air". We can add this to "Exhaust System" when the time is right. Certainly after beer and pickled egg consumption. Now let's address Capt.Roll's input...

Great Capt.Roll! Air heads are most important. We can later add them to "Safety Systems".

Now some one else get in here and really get this tutorial fire burning red hot. (I am desperate for a grilled burger right now).

Alky6

150cc
1 (a) air needs to get into the engine by first, AND ONLY, going through the carburetor at which point it receives enough fuel (jetting) to achieve the correct stoichiometric ratio for the fuel being used.
1(b) a check valve of sorts is required to maintain an efficient air pump. By means of either: piston port induction, reed valve induction, rotary valve, or valve (4-stroke). It is important that these valves open and close at the correct times and not "leak."

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Great Alky6!! About 14.2:1 at sea level. Valve systems a must! Rotary or Reed. A++ for you today!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
OK guys....Thank you for your support and understanding. This was a spoof thread and no harm has been rendered to any persons living or dead.