• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Anyone own the 104" AJ Slick?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Falcon makes a nice spinner aluminum back plate and carbon spinner. Only have one but do like it. Yes I know what you mean gold plated.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The wiring to the tail is in, the rudder horn is in, and, and, the Valach is in. I did not think about the slope of the nose of the cowl so, I will have to open the sides of the cowl for the bottom half of the valve covers but that is ok.

Attachments

• P1080761.JPG
    P1080761.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 451

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Would not look the same without the cover penetrating the side.

Make a thick valve cover gasket to get it to protrude a bit more ??? or machine a valve cover shim??? Even if it is recessed in a bit more than the left side I think it would still be awesome looking :yesss:. I used to expose Saito valve covers and had the same issue but it did turn out looking good! But do what you feel is best for you. It is your plane and not mine after all :(.:laughing:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Here is the opening that had to be made for the Valach to fit, huge chunk taken out right....lol.. And then the 1/4" ply shelf that will reinforce the box. I will need to get the throttle and choke servo mounted before epoxying the shelf in as the shelf really cuts down on the amount of hand room to work.

Attachments

• 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 517
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 514
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 454