• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Anyone flown or flying AeroBeez 50cc Edge 540?

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Just picked up two Peak/AeroBeez 50cc Edge 540's.
Very very few posts and/or video of this particular airframe

First thing I noticed is that the published specs do not match the airframe.
Published span is 87 to 88" depending, and the actual is more like 91"

Next the published fuse length is 82", and mine looks to be around 77"

With that being said, and since I've not seen or flown this plane, how is it at slow high alpha stuff?
Does it elevator and harrier decently?

Not sure which engine to use yet, probably a DA50, or DLE 55 since they are lighter than the 55RA.
Any thoughts on this?

It looks really small beside the 3DHS 89" Slick, and wing area is published at 1240 for the Peak so I was just wonderin
how this baby flies?

I have to say that both my Edges arrived in excellent shape, the covering, quality of build, fit and finish
and weight all look top notch so far.
Very pleased :clap:

I believe this is an old Peak design and probably 4 or more years old, but I wanted to give it a try.
After all, it was on SALE!
I got two 50cc AeroBeez Edges for exactly the same price as one 3DHS 91" Edge which isn't available and
was the motivation to try these designs.
Hopin for the best.

Thanks, and have a good New Year!
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Hi Bob,

The plane is best compared to the Peak Model you will see here. http://www.peakmodel.com/index.php?...d=1217&zenid=f7e6aa910971a3b91b6e20b15220c599

This Plane design was shared from the same factory and the specs in metric are 87.6 (sq. decimeters).
That wing span converts to 1 357.80272 sq. inches.

The other specs shown in the thread there should be pretty much direct conversion of the metric specs you will see from Peak.

We hope you enjoy the new models, you snagged the last ones we had. We also look forward to seeing pics of them once they are built.

Have a Happy New Year,

Team Aerobeez

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the reply, and Happ New Year!

I'm still a little confused then.
If I compare specs to the plane in your link, the span still comes out to 88 inches??
My two wing panels alone are 44" each, then there's the fuselage.
My span is 91"
Can you estimate the area at 91"?

The length in your link does not match mine either.
Not really sure what I have to be honest?

The other thing is that I just sent an email to your service department.

One box had the hardware in a single plastic bag which was complete Ser#0087.
The other box had several small separate plastic bags which were all over the box (Ser#0093).

It wasn't a shipping issue as both boxes were sealed and in good shape.
It almost as if someone at the factory packaged them one way (one bag), and someone else did them separately.
The person that did them separately must have just neglected to get the complete package together.
I'm missing the tail wheel assembly bag, and the fuel dot bag from Ser#0093

There also were two different sizes of wheel pants.
Can you give me a dimension on the correct size (Pic Attached)

I've attached a picture of the missing items.
Hoping you can help.

Thanks
Bob

AeroBeez_Missing_1.JPG
edge w pants_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
[MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] - Just wanted to bring this one to your attention. :)

Aerobeez will get ya straight.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] - Just wanted to bring this one to your attention. :)

Aerobeez will get ya straight.

Hey Mike,

[MENTION=2928]bob_nj[/MENTION]

Thanks for sending an @ message to get our attention here :)

We have contacted Bob back via email and should be sending out replacement parts to fix up his model. The specs are a bit odd with these older models that we discontinued and the factory had some issue with missing parts from time to time, which is why we discontinued some of the older planes. They are great build quality, but we moved to a new factory because of some this. The plane does fly very nice though. We apologize for some specs being slightly off as a result of the info provided by the factory originally.

Have a great weekend,

Team Aerobeez

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Both of these Wheel pants should be correct, just one style was from an older version and one is from a newer version, which is why the two kits have different numbers on the box. Most everything should be the same, but there are some slight variations with the wheel pants and in some cases the hardware package.

Regards,

Team Aerobeez