• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Another project from Bunky!

Going thru some servos and binding a Rx. Found none of the servos I have as spare work. I'd like to find an 8611a for cheap. That way, the other 6 8611a's and the Hitec 7990 ME servos can be used on HV. Don't say that the 8611a's are not HV. Been using them on HV for years without issue. A buddy of mine was using the Hitec 5955's on HV as well. I questioned him about it, and he said 2 years that way, and this was 6 years ago.

I mounted up a WWRC 2 line tank. Gonna have to get a couple of T's, ran some TDRC fuel line and will get a couple of TDRC vent plugs for the Carden and for my MX2. :)

I've got new GraphTech CF Carden gear bolts up, and a GraphTech carbon wing tube going in it. Now, it would be sweet if I could find a carbon stab tube to replace the bent one with...... More research tonite!

Bunk is this one of the original 35% Extras or the later version with the removable stab? I have one of the original version models in the bones that was started 10 years ago and never finished. The only things it likes is finishing the bottom stringers and re sheeting the turtle deck. I want to modify the front deck and canopy area to a one piece design but lack the motivation to finish it. Looking at your rebuild thread has got me a little motivated and was going to go old school power plant on it with a 3W 80 B2 that's on my QQ Python.

This is the 330S. The 104". The original Extra 300S that Dennis kitted was built around the old 3W 80 twin. So, yes, mine has the 2 piece stab and long hatch cover. You kit has the horizontal stabs built into the fuse, much like a 40/60 sized kit built sport plane. ;)

Glad the thread rekindled some interest in a classic Carden kit for you! :)