• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AMA Renewal Discount, Rates Going UP in 2016

Spats

100cc
I don't like how AMA is dealing with the drone thing at all but I think AMA will remain the standard for years to come whether we like it or not. At least I am sure it will be with my club so I just bit the bullet and did the lifetime membership and never have to worry about it again. I hope.

Judge

70cc twin V2
I don't like how AMA is dealing with the drone thing at all but I think AMA will remain the standard for years to come whether we like it or not. At least I am sure it will be with my club so I just bit the bullet and did the lifetime membership and never have to worry about it again. I hope.

I agree 100% about the drone thing. I sarcastically call the AMA now the "American Multirotor Association"

Judge

70cc twin V2
Why are they jacking the prices up so much?

It was explained a few months ago in the AMA magazine and in a mass emailing to all members. Basically the last dues increase was in the mid 90's, costs have gone up and the cost of fighting the FAA is a new factor that did not exist before a couple of years ago. Plus I hardly think $17 is that big of an increase

It was explained a few months ago in the AMA magazine and in a mass emailing to all members. Basically the last dues increase was in the mid 90's, costs have gone up and the cost of fighting the FAA is a new factor that did not exist before a couple of years ago. Plus I hardly think $17 is that big of an increase
Thanks I guess I missed the email and find no value in the magazine. I just find it interesting that rather than gradual incremental increases, they opt for a larger one. In my opinion, the AMA has been slow to evolve in a variety of fashions, including revenue/value model and find appropriate avenues to lobby for public policy.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp

I thought about it but will wait and see next time around.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I paid for two years the first time they sent out the email. Then I paid for 2 more years the second time they sent the email. So I'm good till 2020. I will probably do the lifetime membership once my current one runs out.