• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 50CC EDGE 540 ARF QB

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
Well I finished the plane today. She is balanced and ready for flight. Also fired the Motor up for the first time today.
Now I just have to wait for the weather and the snow to melt... Today was 44 degrees here so we are getting close.

20150308_180718.jpg 20150308_180726.jpg 20150308_180732.jpg

You tube video of first run

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
I finally got to Maiden the Edge Yesterday.
Also got the Graphics for it on Saturday, so she got to be all dressed up at the field for the first flight

ATT_1426520558321_20150315_164937.jpg ATT_1426520558415_20150315_164927.jpg

Love the way this plane looks... and the Graphics from B&E Graphix are awesome and if you get the air release vinyl they are super easy to apply.

Here is the maiden video....sorry for the video sucking, my camera guy did not listen well...lol

The maiden was basically trim and make sure the plane is balanced well...few high speed passes...

The plane few great on maiden few clicks of trim and she was off....she came out to just over 17 1/2 lbs and she still floats in for landings...

I would definitely recommend this plane ... she flies great, and she was a dream to build..

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I finally got to Maiden the Edge Yesterday.
Also got the Graphics for it on Saturday, so she got to be all dressed up at the field for the first flight

View attachment 14821 View attachment 14822

Love the way this plane looks... and the Graphics from B&E Graphix are awesome and if you get the air release vinyl they are super easy to apply.

Here is the maiden video....sorry for the video sucking, my camera guy did not listen well...lol

The maiden was basically trim and make sure the plane is balanced well...few high speed passes...

The plane few great on maiden few clicks of trim and she was off....she came out to just over 17 1/2 lbs and she still floats in for landings...

I would definitely recommend this plane ... she flies great, and she was a dream to build..
Pretty sure you should be sleeping with one eye open now. Never know will jack that thing in the middle of the night! I know I would. Damn fine looking plane.:yesss:

Rick Teteak

New to GSN!
so how did it balance out, I have the same plane with a dle 61 too. I had to put everything to the front and right side . and add weight to the right wing
ri.png

Rick Teteak

New to GSN!
here is an update , with all my gear to the front and to the right side,and with a 16 penny nail in the wing tip, it fly's great!!

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
I did not have to add any weight to mine, and that is with both batteries on the removable tray in the center of the bird and the smoke pump under that tray. I did not have to put any weight on the wings for lateral balance.
mine flies like it is on rails and slows down very nice to land.

I have not gotten to fly mine much since I have been building still and getting all things ready for Joe Nall.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Any more info on this bird I just picked one up with a da 60 for what I think was a hell of a deal. Hoping to get my spektrum gear in it soon and fly it next decent day we have here in the northwest