• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 150cc Ultimate

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Slowly getting something done. The rudder was epoxied in first thing this morning. And then the wings and elevator control linkages were installed then those surfaces were mounted.

Attachments

• P1090306.JPG
    P1090306.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Never had the opportunity to set up 3 servos like that I understand how to do it but it is always a lot different when you actually have to do it. Do you do it with three amp meters and how long did it take.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Never had the opportunity to set up 3 servos like that I understand how to do it but it is always a lot different when you actually have to do it. Do you do it with three amp meters and how long did it take.
No meter yet, this initial set up is done by adjusting the arms until there is no resistance to the 4-40 bolt turned by the finger. I use a servo actuator plugged in to all three, when set to center the first two (from the nose end) lined up perfectly according to the micrometer but the third one was offset by about 1-1/2°. So now with all three mechanically made exactly even (the links are equal from side to side) I will take them off as a unit, turn on the Rx, the first two should set right in place but the third one will have to be adjusted at center, then change the end point to match the center offset, and it should be good to go.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Tomorrow I hope to get the engine mounted, fuel tank in and plumbed, check the balance and start placing thing's accordingly. And when the new reed shows up, suppose to be tomorrow, I'll put it in.

Last edited: