• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerotech 55% extra 260 SORT OF BUILD THREAD ???

Bdegan

50cc
Dr Evil, which gorilla glue are you using.

This winter I tried some of the new "white" gorilla glue. Expands very evenly. Dries 4 times faster.

When gluing leading and trailing edges, doesn't require any water. Works well with just the humidity in the air.

But if you do spray some water. It starts expanding pretty quick.

Sands really well.

Dr Evil

30cc
Bdegan;5809 wrote: Dr Evil, which gorilla glue are you using.

This winter I tried some of the new "white" gorilla glue. Expands very evenly. Dries 4 times faster.

When gluing leading and trailing edges, doesn't require any water. Works well with just the humidity in the air.

But if you do spray some water. It starts expanding pretty quick.

Sands really well.

I use both both but mostly the original. Just what i'm used to . I see you're in me old mother land I was born not far from you in collingwood :)

Dr Evil

30cc
Jetpainter;5783 wrote: Looking good Dr. E.

You and Terry are two of the guys that got me interested in building again, so I always love to see what you two come up with next.

I guess when I get back on my project I'll do a "Sort of" build thread here on GSN. There has been some odd mechanical contraption called a helicopter taking up my build time lately, but it's back to butchering wood soon.

Thanks Glad I can motivate now get to work I hate being the only one cutting things too small . Why do you need helicopters when we can 3d :confused:

Wacobipe

100cc
I've been in Dr Evils shop and seen this thing first hand...the workmanship is awesome and the plane is ridiculously large!

Dr Evil

30cc
Wacobipe;6027 wrote: I've been in Dr Evils shop and seen this thing first hand...the workmanship is awesome and the plane is ridiculously large!

DR EVIL is also ridiculously large :(

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Dr Evil;6028 wrote: DR EVIL is also ridiculously large :(

I resemble that remark!

As to why the helicopter, it's just one of those unfinished things from when I started flying back in the 80's. I had one back then and never got passed the hovering stage. Since then I've always wanted to really be able to fly one and I figured I'd better do it soon before you can't teach this old dog any new tricks.

Off2fly

30cc
:running-lol:Dr. Is this the first plane you had to use full 2 X 4's for Ail leading edge? You get the old skilsaw out for bevel....