• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 90" Extra 330SC (50cc)

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Cool nice job. I just went back to see if you posted an AUW for the plane and couldnt find it if you did? Is is light?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Cool nice job. I just went back to see if you posted an AUW for the plane and couldnt find it if you did? Is is light?

In all the excitement yesterday I forgot to get out the fish scale. I figure about 18.2 lbs, but will measure for sure next time.

SnowDog

Kudos once again to Ken at Subsonic...that motor rocked that airplane...very sweet.

Nice flying in a stiff wind, Brian!

gyro

GSN Contributor
well, between @Brian Yak Dude and I, we logged 7 more flights on the big Extra yesterday at the Texas Wings fly in. Many of the other pilots were impressed with both the plane's performance and the power of the Motrolfly DM5335 on 12s.

I was very pleased with the plane's performance, especially the upright harrier. ZERO, and I mean ZERO wing rock for me. Harrier circuits around the field in the 15mph wind were easy. Overall, very precise as with other Aerobeez airplanes and really fun to fly!

This is going to conclude our testing of the airplane on Electric power. Next up is a DLE-55 (regular side dump) for some gas power.

The final numbers we noted for our electric setup:

AUW - 18.5lbs
(an additional 4oz of weight was needed in the nose to balance, so our flying weight was 18.75lbs)

Flight times were 5:30-6 minutes, with 6 minutes using 75-80% of the 12s5300 capacity.

The motor pulled an initial 5900w on the freshly charged packs, but towards the end of the flight we still pulled an impressive 115A / 4900W.

This electric setup was more than enough power for this plane.

Some pics and a video from yesterday will be posted later.

D-Man

30cc
The final numbers we noted for our electric setup:

AUW - 18.5lbs
(an additional 4oz of weight was needed in the nose to balance, so our flying weight was 18.75lbs)

Thanks for keeping us in the Loop Gyro...
Say... where did your CG end up? How far back on the wing from root?
Did I read right that the CG is recommended to be almost 7 from the wing at the root?

Cheers,
D-Man