• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez 88" Slick 540 v2 (50cc)

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I've been beating on mine since June. I'm not easy on stuff and so far so good. Where did you order them from? It could be like dle motors are different when you get them on ebay from China compared to an American dealer.

Got them from Milehigh. I really fill bad for the fella, as he kept asking me what I thought of them. I had seen Tim's video from RW with his tests,and did a little looking around, not many reviews out there, so I told him to go for it. Now he's got $200 worth of paper weights. If anyone is interested in them let me know. I'm sure he would make someone a deal on them,but whomever buys them would need to know his experience with them.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Aerobeez 88" 30% California Winter Throwdown Video!

Check out our new video! This is Team Pilot Santiago Perez showing us what the Slick can do! Enjoy! [video=youtube;aOcJCbE9kgQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOcJCbE9kgQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_r5C9Y5a4ijXotyKhZqBrA[/video]

njswede

150cc
I'm planning on powering my 88" with a DA-50. Someone at the field told me I'd better put a tuned pipe on it, or it may be a bit weak. Any opinions? If I need to get a pipe for it, I want to make that decision before I cut the cowl for the side dump that I have sitting on my bench...

The airframe looks and feels extremely light. I have no idea what the AUW is going to be, but assuming that it's going to be in the neighborhood of a 3DHS 89" Slick, would a DA-50 with a stock side dump exhaust be enough?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm planning on powering my 88" with a DA-50. Someone at the field told me I'd better put a tuned pipe on it, or it may be a bit weak. Any opinions? If I need to get a pipe for it, I want to make that decision before I cut the cowl for the side dump that I have sitting on my bench...

The airframe looks and feels extremely light. I have no idea what the AUW is going to be, but assuming that it's going to be in the neighborhood of a 3DHS 89" Slick, would a DA-50 with a stock side dump exhaust be enough?

Pontus, this airplane should come out 1 - 2 lbs lighter than a 3dhs 89" Slick. Based on some performance numbers that [MENTION=712]bbrown2828[/MENTION] researched about the DA-50 on 23x8 carbon prop, you should be at about 36lb of thrust, which would have you close to 2 to 1 power.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388893569.398991.jpg

dskuro95

100cc
I have the DA-50 and the DLE-55 on my 87 extras and my i89 slick and I they have unbelievably good power on them. All 3 motors have stock mufflers.

njswede

150cc
I have the DA-50 and the DLE-55 on my 87 extras and my i89 slick and I they have unbelievably good power on them. All 3 motors have stock mufflers.

Thanks! Sounds like this is a good setup, then. I'll probably go with Hitec 7955TGs, BTW. Should be sweet! May go with something a little bit cheaper on the throttle, though. 7955TG seems just a little overkill there!