• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 88" Slick 540 (50cc)

SnowDog

Pontus those are some really good pics of the throttle servo install you did.

One comment I'd make...a long time ago, I had a similar situation in an old glow power biplane, and I epoxied the servo to a mount like you did. Well, the epoxy ended up letting go and rendered the ailerons useless, so I watched the plane nose in to the ground.

I know you epoxied and screwed the plywood plate to the bottom of the fuse, but I would encourage you to put two screws through the servo mounting bracket and through the fuselage floor as well, so epoxy is not the only thing holding down that servo mounting bracket to the plywood plate. Lotsa vibration in a gasser...

njswede

150cc
If only the engine would have started... :( It looks SOOOO awesome! Well, better luck next time!

10003904_10201852284448259_5558514663704927902_n.jpg

SnowDog

Yup, but the problem was with my brain and not with the engine... I had switched the sensor and supply wires. I took one look at it today and immediately saw the problem. Don't know how I could have missed that...

:facepalm:

ouch...but glad it was an easy problem.

I try to label all my wires to help avoid that problem.