• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 88" Slick 540 (50cc)

njswede

150cc
[h=1]Manufacturer's Description[/h]

This beautiful 30% Slick 540 is one of the newest and best flying machine in our inventory. The slick 540 is modeled after the modified version of the slick 360 which uses a bigger engine. The 30% Slick 540 is designed to conquer the most difficult 3D maneuvers while keeping precision in check. It is very responsive and correspond very well under the pilot's input.

With the checkerboard pattern on the bottom it would aid differentiating the orientation of the plane which makes it suitable in either sunny or overcast day. The look is very unique and performance is unmatched in its class. With a 50cc engine this plane would fly like a monster.

Specifications:
Wing Span: 88"
Length: 83"
Wing Area: 1426 sq in
Fly Weight: 15 lbs

Last edited by a moderator:

njswede

150cc
The plane is nicely boxed in double heavy duty boxes. Looks like you could run them over with a truck.

IMG_6913.JPGIMG_6911.JPGIMG_6912.JPG

njswede

150cc
The firewall is nicely marked for a DLE55/DA50. Four holes and some bolts and I was able to dry fit the engine. It's really nice when everything is already measured and pre-marked for you! So far it looks like a perfect fit!
IMG_6932.JPG

njswede

150cc
Permanently installing the engine, I used fender washers behind the firewall. As is common on these types of models, I had to trim some of the washers with my Dremel cut-off wheel.

IMAG0377.jpgIMAG0375.jpg

Next, I started cutting the cowl. I used some painter's tape to avoid chipping.

IMG_6982.JPG

Starting to come together! The DA50 looks like a really good fit in this cowl!

IMG_6986.JPG

I have one of these planes, its the yellow version, I mounted a dle-55and I added SFG's to mine,, and the power to weight makes it a rocket.
Let me tell you, this is one of the best flying planes on the market, it can pull off any 3d move you can think of, or can float around in the air like a kite, and lands like a trainer. You will have a super plane and will be pleased with it.

njswede

150cc
Time for some throttle servo! The kit comes with a nice seat for the throttle servo, but to make the geometry work, I had to mount it on a piece of 5/16" plywood. I just epoxied it to the plywood.

IMAG0392.jpgIMAG0393.jpgIMAG0394.jpg

I screwed and epoxied down the seat, but since the screws attaching the seat to the plane are under the servo, I had to screw the servo into the seat while it's in the plane. Luckily I had already made some holes on the side of the motor box to strap in the ignition, so I could push a screw driver through those holes.

IMAG0395.jpgIMAG0396.jpg

Everything in place! The geometry came out absolutely perfect!

IMAG0400.jpgIMAG0402.jpg