• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm sorry you are frustrated man. I think you should give [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] a chance to address the situation before jumping ship totally. My experience with them on the service side has been pretty awesome. Have you tried calling them yet? I think the wings are a simple fix so you shouldn't be trying to get new wings. There was a time when nobody would have even supplied the hinges. The cowl issues ought to be addressed though IMO. In the mean time you can stop the cracks from spreading by applying some thin CA and wiping off the excess. The cowl ring can also easily be glued back in. The big issue is that your paint will always have those blemishes.

How do the wings fit to the fuse? Any big gaps indicating the fuse is not straight?

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
My cowl ring did the exact same thing, a little medium CA and it was back together in no time. The ring is not a structural member, it's only there so you can get the cowl in place easily, once its screwed on the ring is pointless. I'm sorry you have cracks in the cowl, but if you give Aerobeez a call I'm sure they will take care of you on that one, they have good customer service. There are no guarantees with any company. My last 3DHS plane was really jacked up, the cowl didn't fit, the wing tube did not fit the hole and the elevator slot was way too big. My buddies last EF plane the wing tube is not square with the wings and his elevator slot was really sloppy. We are dealing with Chinese manufacturers that are pumping these things out. A cracked cowl however, should be taken care of.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Of course I will be calling them to see if we can work it out. Im not jumping ship yet and as I said defects do happen. Still.... $450 is a lot of money I know you guys can understand that. I think if they can just replace the cowl it will all be fine I can deal with the rest. All Im saying is it's a lot of money to have something come all messed up. Not trying to be nit picky butthead, just want my stuff to be right thats all. So I'll call them Monday and explain whats going on and see what we can do.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Of course I will be calling them to see if we can work it out. Im not jumping ship yet and as I said defects do happen. Still.... $450 is a lot of money I know you guys can understand that. I think if they can just replace the cowl it will all be fine I can deal with the rest. All Im saying is it's a lot of money to have something come all messed up. Not trying to be nit picky butthead, just want my stuff to be right thats all. So I'll call them Monday and explain whats going on and see what we can do.

Nobody wants things messed up, but like I said it's really a part of the hobby at this point, very few things are going to be perfect no matter how much money you spend. I've had worse issues with the "big two" companies. It's just the luck of the draw. These 70 Slicks are first run, you and I probably got some of the very first off the assembly line, so we are beta testers in a way. That's just one more reason Aerobeez should know about any issues.

Pete

50cc
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] On the hinge slots, they should be pretty close in fitment. I didn't encounter mine from being too far off the mark. I do however always use a hobby knife and run it in through the slot a few times left and right. I also will give myself a bit of "cushion" space on the hinge for movement to shimmy into position before applying CA. I do apologize for the cowling and I believe someone will be in contact with you shortly. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know!

Regards,

Pete

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow Pete, Blosee and 3DNater to the rescue!!! Bushwacker I agree with all of them. Aerobeez works very hard on their customers behalf and will do you right.

Bipenut53

150cc
Hang in there [MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] The hinge thing is not a big issue, Ive done lots of them that didnt line up and all turned out good, hell even some of my kits turned out that way and I was the one cutting the hinge slots lol. As far as the cowl goes, Im sure they are going to take care of it, may not be as convenient as having it correct from the beginning but in the end it will be right. Deep breath!! lol

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The only issue I really had with mine was the cowl ring not being fully seated from the factory. I don't think we can blame anybody but the shippers here for that. Who knows how long these things sat in their containers before they actually arrived at Aerobeez? The conditions at sea can be extremely brutal to the materials these airplanes are assembled with so to have a minor detail or 2 not be fully in check would be expected. The airplane is pretty well packed and protected inside its box so to only have a cowl ring come unglued isn't something I'd consider to be a huge deal. Yeah it's annoying and inconvenient but that's why we call it modelling, sometimes stuff like this will happen and we just have to fix it. The hinge slots shouldn't be an issue though and I didn't have a problem with mine. All I did was run a #11 blade through the slots to ensure the covering wasn't sealed over them. Not sure why you had an issue :eek: Just take your #11 blade and cut some new slots- take your time with it and you'll be done in no time.

All I did to remedy my cowl ring was lined it back up, put a few drops of medium CA and kicker on it to hold it in place, then I soaked it in thin CA from both sides to get a good solid adhesion. From there, I spread some 15 minute epoxy on the inside of the ring to double secure it in there to make sure it wasn't going anywhere. I did this all around the ring, not just in the place it lifted.

I'm glad to hear Aerobeez jumped onboard to help out. They have really good customer service and they're always peeking around the forums to check in on their customers.

Not saying that Aerobeez airplanes are low quality (because they aren't, they're very high quality) but sometimes I look forward to minor QC or shipper issues like this because I thoroughly enjoy working on my airplanes in the shop :)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
As I said in my previous post:

Im not jumping ship yet and as I said defects do happen.
I think if they can just replace the cowl it will all be fine I can deal with the rest.

I can deal with the little things, but when you can see them visually and know that cracked fiberglass will spread glue or not Im going to have problem. I called them and we worked it out. All is fine and fair. They were really great helping me out with this.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
As I said in my previous post:

Im not jumping ship yet and as I said defects do happen.
I think if they can just replace the cowl it will all be fine I can deal with the rest.

I can deal with the little things, but when you can see them visually and know that cracked fiberglass will spread glue or not Im going to have problem. I called them and we worked it out. All is fine and fair. They were really great helping me out with this.

I'm glad they took care of you, I was sure they would. Once we get these planes in the air, any build issues we might have had will be a distant memory:)