• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Hey guys can you tell what servo arms they are using on those Hitec's? Looks like a Miracle RC 2.5" on the Rudder. Ailerons and elevator are probably 1.5's?

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah I was wanting to put some bling on my bird this go around bro. The white plastic isn't really jiving for me. :) Plus the servo arm on the rudder isn't Dubro is it?
Dude did you do the HS-7954SH servos on your Slick and how close are you to completion?

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Yeah I was wanting to put some bling on my bird this go around bro. The white plastic isn't really jiving for me. :) Plus the servo arm on the rudder isn't Dubro is it?
Dude did you do the HS-7954SH servos on your Slick and how close are you to completion?

Bling will be difficult given that the hardware is 2mm, the AL long arms are 3mm. You'll have to change out the control rods and links. You can add some bling to the rudder though, just get the Secraft pull/pull tensioner and an AL double rudder arm, the Secraft tensioner ball links are 3mm.

If you don't like the Dubro arms in white, a black sharper will quickly turn them into black arms, it's what I normally do.

I'm hoping to get some serious work done on my Slick this weekend, weather doesn't look so good.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Yeah the 7954's I had in my 88" Yak went right into the Slick. I have servos mounted, waiting to get the motor until I install the ESC and receiver and decide on a battery location.

Bling will be difficult given that the hardware is 2mm, the AL long arms are 3mm. You'll have to change out the control rods and links. You can add some bling to the rudder though, just get the Secraft pull/pull tensioner and an AL double rudder arm, the Secraft tensioner ball links are 3mm.

Which is what makes the Dubro arms perfect. The holes are just ever so slightly smaller than the 2mm screw so it won't really require any drilling- you can even get the threads to cut into the arm and make the arm threaded.

If you don't like the Dubro arms in white, a black sharper will quickly turn them into black arms, it's what I normally do.

You can even paint them to match the plane :cool:

SnowDog

I'm hoping to get some serious work done on my Slick this weekend, weather doesn't look so good.

http://www.trimcraftaviationrc.com has a good selection of metric and standard stainless steel hardware...check them out...and good prices and fair shipping too...