• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 38" EPP Slick 540 Build Thread!

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I felt bad cause I was egging [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] to get it in the air. Usually I always ask a guy maidening something if they verifies everything before the maiden. I know I've done it before and it's such a bummer. Looked like it was gonna fly pretty good too.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
LOL I had been working the event all day and was excited to get a little prodding to get it in the air... My stupidity and misplaced arrogance of knowing this plane inside and out for the three previous days got the best of me. Oh well... she's fixable and like Aerobeez said... they have parts!!! :) I already have a replacement servo so I just need to figure out if i should get a new motor box with the cowl. I've got bigger issues at the moment so it will take a back burner for a few weeks but like BBCorvette18 said... it looked like a real flyer! Talk about some serious rolling action!!! Left right, right left, left right or as my sticks were going right left, left right, right left!!! LOL

I was tired and that first 5 seconds was really confusing for me!!!

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
LOL I had been working the event all day and was excited to get a little prodding to get it in the air... My stupidity and misplaced arrogance of knowing this plane inside and out for the three previous days got the best of me. Oh well... she's fixable and like Aerobeez said... they have parts!!! :) I already have a replacement servo so I just need to figure out if i should get a new motor box with the cowl. I've got bigger issues at the moment so it will take a back burner for a few weeks but like BBCorvette18 said... it looked like a real flyer! Talk about some serious rolling action!!! Left right, right left, left right or as my sticks were going right left, left right, right left!!! LOL

I was tired and that first 5 seconds was really confusing for me!!!

[MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] Stop working so hard !! Poor Mike!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I did that once... Mojo 40 maiden flight, barely made a full circle back to the runway. horrible landing, but luckily for the mojo, the gear took the shock. I bent it back, reversed the ailerons, took a deep breath and flew it again. Like you said "dumb mistake"... needless to say, I always respect my consistent pre-flights from now on.

Alixbj

30cc
I been flying using a 11x3.8 SF and liking its performance. I used the that same Park 480 as, 3DMike, is using but found it to be a little to heavy for my liking. A 72g motor seems to be perfect for this plane. If you want all out speed, try an 11x5.5 APC.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Good morning everyone. Just wanted to get some ideas on the scheme for the 38" Slick. Do you guys like the current scheme and want new colors or do you guys want a whole new scheme all together? If you guys can give some feedback that would be great !

Cheers
Team Aerobeez

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Something green would be awesome! To match the current Aerobeez lineup, would be awesome to make some newer and sharper lines..

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Good morning everyone. Just wanted to get some ideas on the scheme for the 38" Slick. Do you guys like the current scheme and want new colors or do you guys want a whole new scheme all together? If you guys can give some feedback that would be great !

Cheers
Team Aerobeez

I think the red scheme is great, don't change it. The black one is cool but the problem seems to be the black paint doesn't hold up well, I think the sweat from hands smudges it. Maybe something like yellow/blue or black/yellow like the 55.