• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 30cc 71" Extra 330SC

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Did you do XQ-power 4020d all around? Did you run smaller servos on the elevators? I was thinking the 4013d looked pretty good?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Did you do XQ-power 4020d all around? Did you run smaller servos on the elevators? I was thinking the 4013d looked pretty good?

We've flown this plane with 3 different sets of servos for some testing. The XQs we used are the 4020D. The elevators come slotted for a mini servo, and then you have to cut them out to use a standard.

I like the speed listed on the 4013D's, however you MAY experience a tiny bit of blowback on the ailerons. We flew the plane with Align DS610 (Savox 1258TG) and had a tiny bit of blowback, and the torque rating on the DS610 is similar to the 4013D.

I'd suggest the 4013D on 6.6v LiFe batteries unregulated, or if you use a regulator like the CC BEC Pro or similar, set the voltage for the extra .6v to help get a pinch more oomph to the ailerons.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
6V was my plan for sure. I am not that familiar with the XQ line. I like the idea of the mini servos in the tail. Is that a viable option?

gyro

GSN Contributor
6V was my plan for sure. I am not that familiar with the XQ line. I like the idea of the mini servos in the tail. Is that a viable option?

yes, but you'll spend a lot to get ones that have enough torque. I don't recommend doing it... the XQ4013D will work perfect. Plus, it balances fine with the two standards back there.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Perfect. Has anyone tried the XQ 4113 HV? Specs look about the same at a glance and price is close. I have never used HV servos so my knowledge is limited.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Perfect. Has anyone tried the XQ 4113 HV? Specs look about the same at a glance and price is close. I have never used HV servos so my knowledge is limited.

HV are nice, no regulator needed... if you use the Gecko ESC, it's got selectable output so you can use HV or regular voltage. I say go with the HV

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Sweet, gotta pick a color. I really like the blue although the red would be easier to see. Seems like every plane i get is red. lol

afrye1

30cc
So I noticed a lot of play in the elevator stab I had to Cap the gap with thin plywood and cut it so there is no play or wobble .did you have this issue?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yes, a small amount of play is present, but it didn't appear to affect flight performance.

Can you show your solution in a few pics?