• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

A quick reminder

BalsaDust

Here's the short list of rules for the site. Keep in mind, yes I run the site but I'm a modeler first like you guys and I don't enjoy having to make rules.

No smut. There is enough of that everywhere else so let's keep it out there and not in here.
Be friendly.
Please only post links to sites that don't include a social media feature (rcg, fg, rcu, facebook, etc.)

Manufacturers' links are ok, vendor links are ok....I'm sorry you guys came away from my ramblings last night with the impression that they aren't OK.

One thing we see a lot at MultiRotorForums.com is the personal blog link where people start a thread that is only a link to their blog post. Yes it's content but when the blog entry then has a running comment stream under it it becomes social media and it gets deleted. I haven't really seen that here so it hasn't had to be discussed.

Please feel free to ask questions if this still isn't clear. I'm happy to hear you guys out and I'll take whatever heat you want to throw at me.

My comments about sponsored pilots were just me thinking aloud about how many of you there are! When I asked @cbarnes0061 to be a moderator I first had to ask if he's sponsored by anyone because it seems like everyone is sponsored by somebody. I'm not slamming anyone for being sponsored, just observing how many sponsored pilots there are in the community.

Hey wait a minute now I am sponsored if you can't be wife saying when I can't and can't buy stuff. LOL

All seriousness hopefully everything is cleared up now.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
My comments about sponsored pilots were just me thinking aloud about how many of you there are! When I asked @cbarnes0061 to be a moderator I first had to ask if he's sponsored by anyone because it seems like everyone is sponsored by somebody. I'm not slamming anyone for being sponsored, just observing how many sponsored pilots there are in the community.

I think the word "sponsored" is overcooked and out-dated. Back when the industry was hopping sponsored meant you were given all kinda of stuff for free and the money flowed well.

The world and the Industry is nothing like it was, now China demands more than what retail was on planes not all that long ago. There just is not that much profit these days. Today the word "sponsored" means you get to be part of a group, perhaps get a discount and spend way more time than most understand supporting that product.

There are still a few young people that will sticker up their plane with whatever brand offers them a deal, but for the most part companies that "sponsor" people just because they are an impressive pilot are pretty much gone or at least on the way out the door.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
fair enough, call it what you will but there are a lot of people from our community of flyers that are affiliated with a shop or manufacturer.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
So if I buy a plane and want to start a thread on it, is that OK? When I am looking at a plane, I try to find threads about it and read up on it. If this site won't let people do that because the brand of aircraft is not a sponsor here, then my searches will land me at other sites.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
No smut. There is enough of that everywhere else so let's keep it out there and not in here.
Be friendly.
Please only post links to sites that don't include a social media feature (rcg, fg, rcu, facebook, etc.)

go ahead and post whatever you want @ericb

the rules above are all our members will have to worry about. i may formalize a few details for vendors/manufacturers but that won't affect our members.