• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

89" SkyWing Laser 260 V2 Assembly Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
They look prefect! Should be a cool running motor now. Do you have telemetry to see how much difference they make?

Will be using Futaba temp telemetry. I won’t know what the difference will be, but can only hope it’ll do it’s job

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
The wait has ended! Well sorta, I had to go to work. But was able to get a couple photos of the new JMB custom exhaust.

everything looks good at first glance and the canister resting on a paper towel. I cannot wait to get home and really check it out.
9858DEDA-43B6-436B-81E8-C015669922AB.jpeg
B077DE17-35AE-4E10-B046-10366BF6C578.jpeg
4EA62DD7-F4D2-4277-8DD9-860CD57E1437.jpeg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Keep us informed from what I have heard they make a good product.

Got home from work, product looks fabulous. One little problem, the bolts don't fit very well... I've fiddled with it all night after my swing shift and cannot seem to make sense of it. Have to squeeze the flanges together 1-2mm to make the bolts spin freely but the cannister is at an angle down the tunnel. If I only bolt the rear flange it lines up just perfect - makes me think the front flange is cantered a bit. This is my first cannister setup so maybe there is more fiddling to it than I anticipated, but at any rate the bolts need to line up freely so I don't crack out the exhaust. Regardless some filing will be involved.... Hmmmm off to bed for a fresh mind in the morning.

WMcNabb

150cc
Got home from work, product looks fabulous. One little problem, the bolts don't fit very well... I've fiddled with it all night after my swing shift and cannot seem to make sense of it. Have to squeeze the flanges together 1-2mm to make the bolts spin freely but the cannister is at an angle down the tunnel. If I only bolt the rear flange it lines up just perfect - makes me think the front flange is cantered a bit. This is my first cannister setup so maybe there is more fiddling to it than I anticipated, but at any rate the bolts need to line up freely so I don't crack out the exhaust. Regardless some filing will be involved.... Hmmmm off to bed for a fresh mind in the morning.

The canister has some movement with the header pipe on my DA100/MTW exhaust.
Looks like an additional piece is included between the header pipe and the canister versus your setup.

CF28DFB3-991C-4899-A7F2-86ED8A035BE6.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
One thing that I have always thought about is that with a single header connected to the two heads. As the engine heats up it will grow in width what happens to the header. Everything does not expand the same something has to give. What do you think Nick.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Yeah with the 2:1 headers there is no flex header. Relying on a small margin of error for fitment makes it a bit difficult.

One thing that is nice with the JMB headers is that they are aluminum so they should expand at the same rate as the heads. Either way, it's all unwanted stress, but the weight savings is worth it.

anaign

New to GSN!
Oh boy! Eight hours of printing and I have a set of baffles custom designed by me that weigh 1.5oz combined. After a few trials I was able to create something that may actually work. I am a little concerned about the PLA plastic getting too close to the cooling fins.

here is a bunch of photos:
View attachment 116314 View attachment 116315 View attachment 116316 View attachment 116317 View attachment 116318 View attachment 116319 View attachment 116320 View attachment 116321 View attachment 116322 View attachment 116323

hello AKNick,
i have the same model with the same engine.
Your constructed parts are simply perfect
Is it possible to get all filament parts for you as *.stp or. *.igs?
I can also make a PayPal donation
best regards andreas

, post: 235819, member: 8345"]Oh boy! Eight hours of printing and I have a set of baffles custom designed by me that weigh 1.5oz combined. After a few trials I was able to create something that may actually work. I am a little concerned about the PLA plastic getting too close to the cooling fins.

here is a bunch of photos:
View attachment 116314 View attachment 116315 View attachment 116316 View attachment 116317 View attachment 116318 View attachment 116319 View attachment 116320 View attachment 116321 View attachment 116322 View attachment 116323[/QUOTE]