• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

84" Bigfoot

Did some more flying with it today. I could not get it to stall with the lighter weight. It must be over a pound out of it with the Kavans replacing the Dubros and went from 2450 bats to 1300s. Also got a little more comfy with slow flight with mid flaps. Lights work well now and are on a switch.

hone

150cc
The lights sound like a cool feature. Glad dropping some weight made it fly a nicer, you didn't have to change to much to achieve that.

Those dubros are stupid heavy. 11.6 oz each! Just weighed it on my postal scale. The kavans are like 2oz each. Bats made a difference as well. It scared me the first day with it's stall. Much better now. Probably fly it some more tomorrow.

bhood03

50cc
Gary was a simple build no real issues at all only problem is 15 second s into maiden main side door flew open and ripped off and slammed rear elevator balance somehow it actually broke wood where it connects to elevator and covering shredded by the time I got her down door is a lost cause due to soy beans and latch is completely gone nowhere to be found sent pics to 3dhs there good people probably had a bad latch and I had it at half throttle checking balance so pressure probably cause latch to come looose it saddened me a lot the 2 min flight was sweet though

My hatch blew open on the first flight and after the first day one of the hinges was toast. I replaced them with radio south pro hinges, but the door still only opens 70 degrees. It is on the list of to be modified.

Bivens

50cc
If you get the hinges in so the door opens all the way up...use a steel cap screw for a handle in the hole that's made in the door...there is a nice magnet up in the wing to hold the door open for fueling, or battery changes....

Bivens

50cc
Nothing an exacto blade can't fix with a slight trim along the top of the door. I did not trim mine, but it opens well and sticks to the wing as it should with the magnet and bolt door handle.

Nothing an exacto blade can't fix with a slight trim along the top of the door. I did not trim mine, but it opens well and sticks to the wing as it should with the magnet and bolt door handle.

I did bevel the door to get what I currently have which is about 75 degrees. Eventually I will bevel the fuse side and get full travel, but the way I have it setup with wiring I only have to put the batteries in at the start of the day and otherwise the hatch is closed. Got to love gassers for that. Fuel and Flip.