• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

Just curious, Savox only lists the 1258 & 1256 at 6V. Are they safe on HV? I'm only asking because I'm running the 1258'1258's in my Edge as well, but I've been running them on A123's. I like the A123's but it would be nice to know I could get more torque if needed.

I see me and crew posted at about the same time. I have 150 trouble fee flights on my 74 so I'm not going to change anything. And like he said, they are plenty fast on 6V.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I see you are right. I read the description too fast on the savox site. They are not designated as high voltage, rather they say high torque which my quick pass made into high voltage. Sorry for the confusion. A life pack (6.6v) is as high as I would run them. Set your BEC accordingly.

6172crew

50cc
I need to find out the proper weight needed up front to get me closer to 5 inches, I've never seen anyone use 5000mah on the 8s setup so I wonder if it's somehing I'm missing, all the servos are using the stock arms except the rudder which uses the sea-craft one. The ESC and Bec are under the cowl. I did use the antichaff snake skin for the 2 foot section in the tail to the elevator servo.

I'm running gas on mine so I really can't relate to the electric setup. But on mine with a GT33/stock muffler on the front and pull pull rudder, I have two 1100 A123 packs mounted horizontally on the end of the pipe tunnel and it flies neutral.

sr175

30cc
I need to find out the proper weight needed up front to get me closer to 5 inches, I've never seen anyone use 5000mah on the 8s setup so I wonder if it's somehing I'm missing, all the servos are using the stock arms except the rudder which uses the sea-craft one. The ESC and Bec are under the cowl. I did use the antichaff snake skin for the 2 foot section in the tail to the elevator servo.

I would take some weights and add them in until it flies how you like it. At that point you will know how much weight you need. They would be temporary if you want them to be. Heck you may just want to leave it at that unless you really want more capacity in your batteries. You have a couple choices once you know how much weight you want if you cannot move your batteries around to make cg. Adding some weight is not always a bad thing depending on a few things of course.

6172crew

50cc
I ended up using the batteries at 6inches and they work pretty good, I bought some Zippy 4000mah that I can try this weekend. I ran them through the icharger and they are truly 3995-4120 mah.

Rich B

50cc
Will the motor box and electric motor box extension hold up using a 3000+/- watt setup?
I am asking because this is over the recommend power.
Not sure if it will need beefed up with tri-stock, etc., or remove electric extension and switch over to a solid mount. Feed back is appreciated.

6172crew

50cc
Will the motor box and electric motor box extension hold up using a 3000+/- watt setup?
I am asking because this is over the recommend power.
Not sure if it will need beefed up with tri-stock, etc., or remove electric extension and switch over to a solid mount. Feed back is appreciated.

Im running 2700 watts, I just ran some CA over all the joints, no issues that I have seen.