• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

hone

150cc
Got 2 flights today in on my replacement 74. VVRC 40 spinning a Vess 20B, 7200 RPM. It balanced perfectly with the batteries where the pull pull servo would have gone. Rudder servo in the second elevator bay. Plane came in at 10 lbs, 12 ounces, full of fuel (16oz). Probably the lightest gasser 30cc plane I have had. My 71 Slick is 11.5 at least.

That thing must have had silly power. Over 2:1 power to weight ratio for sure.

I just finished off the second gallon of gas through my DLE-30. Maybe it was the cool thick air yesterday, but the DLE sure seems to be getting stronger. Most notable pulling out of a hover. I'm still running an 18x8 "break-in" prop but with my flying style I don't really feel the need to prop up.

Credit goes to Aerobeez Pete for the pose idea I saw elsewhere on this forum. ;)

Marc

DSC01931.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Having some fun today on my 74...

It's a whole new airplane with the SFG on it... Really happy.

Pop tops are extremely violent and the rotations at the top might be the most I've ever gotten before, on any airframe. Going to try and see if I can get some video.
Gathering some data on a Tacon 110, 8s, 19x10 APC-E prop

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398533195.014463.jpg

cap232

50cc
Has anyone put the rudder servo in the back instead of pull/pull.? I put my rudder servo in the tail of my 72" extra and it was still nose heavy with a dle 35.
thanks