• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yes... if you read earlier in the thread you will see that the v2 is basically the same as the v1 with respect to this issue. After reinforcing make sure you laterally balance the plane.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I finally fixed my pain in the arse wing bolt problem! These wing bolts are seriously hard to get to!

Today, I installed some Xion Wing locks from [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION]! All you've gotta do is just figure out the right depth of the bolt,
Loctite in, and glue the grommet to finish. The bolt stays in!

Now I just insert the wings, pop in the cam lever, and flip it over to attach, and go fly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403467670.968291.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403467682.705601.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403467691.084529.jpg

Cool Gyro, I was wondering about those. The stock wing bolts are even more fun to fish out of the bottom of the fuselage after I fat-finger one and drop it down in there.

maxx4wd

50cc
I finally fixed my pain in the arse wing bolt problem! These wing bolts are seriously hard to get to!

Today, I installed some Xion Wing locks from [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION]! All you've gotta do is just figure out the right depth of the bolt,
Loctite in, and glue the grommet to finish. The bolt stays in!

Now I just insert the wings, pop in the cam lever, and flip it over to attach, and go fly.

I'm so going to try these - I hate fiddling with wingbolts but this would make for a pretty easy swap. Thanks for posting them up.

Mach3

30cc
Hey guys, I need some advice on re-hinging my ailerons on my 72 Extra.
This started one day when I was flying & after landing I notice my one aileron dropping down. I discovered upon closer inspection that only one of the seven hinge was still intact on that wing & the other has 3 of the 7 broken.
So after some searching around & asking on another site I decided I would burn out with a soldering out the old one then just glue in new ones. In the process of getting the old ones out & the new ones fitting right with normal size hinge gap some of the holes don't look as nice or clean as the factory hinged wing.

My question is how picky should I be about trying to match the gap on the old wing using the existing hole or should I just fill the old holes & drill a new fresh set of holes ?
Also what could cause this on a plane with only around 50 flights or so ?

maxx4wd

50cc
If it were me, if just re-use the hinge holes and use epoxy on the new hinges to fill any gap in the actual holes (be careful not to get any epoxy in the hinge itself). I would try to use the original locations as most likely they were placed in areas that relieve stress on the wing innards.

As far as the gap between the aileron and the wing - I wouldn't be to concerned about getting the exact same gap as the other wing - it's more important to get a bind free control surface and you'll probably want to use blenderm tape or equivalent form of gap sealing anyhow so as far as function is concerned it should be just fine. Aesthetically - I would just make the gap as small as possible without binding.