• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

maxx4wd

50cc
Maiden went well - that is until the collet style prop adapter decided it didn't want to hang on for the duration of the flight. Luckily I was flying a mile high and doing a very nice KE spin so I just leveled her out and floated her down. LG took a beating and I have a small tear in one of the wings covering where the LG touched but no structural damage whatsoever (kind of shocked as it wasn't the gentlest landing). Guess this gives me a good reason to get the Motrofly that I wanted anyhow...

0iphone backup 06-16-14 022.jpg0iphone backup 06-16-14 024.jpg

The collet was miserable on my scorpion motor. After a couple similar ejections I sold the motor. No more collets for me.

maxx4wd

50cc
Yeah - I've had collet style ejections before on my funcub so I really did know better...I'm just surprised that they would even design a system like this based on a collet adapter. Oh Well - I was kind of proud of my landing though...touched done from a pseudo harrier right on all three wheels...

Just so everyone knows, I talked with Mike at graphtechrc about making some custom landing gear (as 3dhs has been out of stock for so long that I doubt they're ever going to come back in stock) - I drew up some plans last night based on the stock gear and he's going to recreate and make the gear available for anyone who may need it. So far dealing with him has been great - just wanted to let those out there looking for replacement gear know that graphtechrc.com has a bunch and can make them custom if they don't have some already made up...

http://www.graphtechrcshop.com

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah - I've had collet style ejections before on my funcub so I really did know better...I'm just surprised that they would even design a system like this based on a collet adapter. Oh Well - I was kind of proud of my landing though...touched done from a pseudo harrier right on all three wheels...

Just so everyone knows, I talked with Mike at graphtechrc about making some custom landing gear (as 3dhs has been out of stock for so long that I doubt they're ever going to come back in stock) - I drew up some plans last night based on the stock gear and he's going to recreate and make the gear available for anyone who may need it. So far dealing with him has been great - just wanted to let those out there looking for replacement gear know that graphtechrc.com has a bunch and can make them custom if they don't have some already made up...

http://www.graphtechrcshop.com

I'd be interested in a spare set based on cost :)

maxx4wd

50cc
I'd be interested in a spare set based on cost :)

I just sent the autocad file to him with my measurements, but I haven't heard back on the cost - looks like the 71" Slick gear is priced at $40 so I'm hoping for about the same. Mike did say that it'll take him about a week to make the mold up and get a few pieces made - good thing is that we won't have to rely on the items being available from 3DHS.

Ordered my Motrofly 4330 - 298kv motor today as well...looks like she will be in the air in a few weeks - no worse for the wear...

Why is it that 3DHS is always out of stock on parts? As a manufacturer myself, I don't understand why - I know the obvious answer would be to sell more new planes vs. parts, but that's not really very cool, so I hope that's not it. This is a sport where parts would sell too, and with better margins.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
i talked to noll about this a while back, and its just such a hard thing to predict. if something has been out of stock for a while, for example wheel pants, when noll gets them in, they might sit for 6 months and not sell a single one. then one person will by 3 or 4 sets so they have backups if they get out of stock again. You have 4 or 5 people buying 3 or 4 of common spare parts (wheel pants, cowls, canopys, etc.) then you run out really quick. people want stock of everything (both airframes and parts) all the time whenever they need it, and the reality is that there is limited manufacturing time at the plant.