• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

njswede

150cc
You look good out there today Pontus. Motor sounded good too.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm really happy with that engine after the rebuild. Starts easy, great throttle response, great power and sweet sound!

Too bad I had to leave so early. But I got some nice flights between the soccer games and football games!

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
NJSwede what servos are you running? I'm putting 5645s in my Slick at first but I'm going to want something a little faster once my engine is broken in and I can smack it around a bit.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Have I said how much I love this plane?!?

Got a pair of 15min flights in at lunch today, practiced a little bit of low harriers, pop tops, KE spins, hovers, and some screams.

This plane inspires a lot of confidence because it really makes flying some of these maneuvers easy because its so stable.

Mach3

30cc
Ok guys, so picking up a slightly used 72" Extra tomorrow & I settled on a Motorlfly 4330 298KV for the motor I just have to decide on the servo's for my plane.
I thinking of getting the Hitec HS-7955TG servo's but to get them up here in Canada the best I could them for would be around $520. My other option is to get the Hitec HS-7985MG or Savox SC-1256TG for about $400.
My question is, is the extra $100+ for the HS-7955TG worth the price difference for this plane ?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok guys, so picking up a slightly used 72" Extra tomorrow & I settled on a Motorlfly 4330 298KV for the motor I just have to decide on the servo's for my plane.
I thinking of getting the Hitec HS-7955TG servo's but to get them up here in Canada the best I could them for would be around $520. My other option is to get the Hitec HS-7985MG or Savox SC-1256TG for about $400.
My question is, is the extra $100+ for the HS-7955TG worth the price difference for this plane ?

Great choice of airplane and motor, you really can't do beter.

For the servos, you really just need to ask yourself if you plan to go up to a 50cc later. If not, you're going a little overkill. A Savox SC-1258TG is what I have in mine, and they are PERFECT. Or, as you suggested, the Hitec HS-7985MG.

So IMHO, if you are NOT planning to move the gear to a 50cc one day, then no, the $100 more you'll spend is not worth it.

Good luck, let us know which way you go!

Olie

50cc
I just installed 7955's in mine. On 8v they are crazy fast and torquey.

Now to get longer horns for a few more degrees of travel.

gyro

GSN Contributor
While flying my 72" Extra today, Brian Strachan ripped my wing off... I told him he had to save it and land:
[video=youtube_share;YYvcXLaddsM]http://youtu.be/YYvcXLaddsM[/video]