• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

quadracer

100cc
I don't know that I'd put two packs in a 72 unless they're fairly small, due to weight. A 2s 2200 got about 5 flights (if my memory serves me correctly) and was down to 7.8-7.9 volts, so it probably could have gone 7 or 8 flights between charges.

SnowDog

Ashleigh, you've done some really awesome repair work on this plane, congratulations!
I'm looking forward to meeting you and getting some video of you flying at Cape G. in a few days!

gyro

GSN Contributor
New tail design on the 72" today... it's inspired take on the actual Extra Aircraft logos. (thanks to Santi8 for some creative assistance)

DSCF9381.jpg

cap232

50cc
Just finished up my 3dhs 72 extra to day took it to the field to run it. to windy to maden thought used 93 octane gas 30:1 had to open low end about a quarter click runs great. the savox servos are awesome so far. I used the hitec graphics because I was going to go that route but went with gyros recommendation of the savox's
Dle 35ra
2 life 2100 packs
opti kill
Futaba 14sg

3dhs huck 001.jpg3dhs huck 004.jpg3dhs huck 006.jpg3dhs huck 009.jpg3dhs huck 011.jpg100_2119.jpg100_2120.jpg100_2121.jpg100_2122.jpg100_2106.jpg100_2104.jpg100_2104.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wade

50cc
Got a chance to maiden my 72 extra 330sc last weekend. For some reason could not get the dle30 dialed in, and only flew it once. It came in a little nose heavy with the ignition batt mounted up front and a push/pull setup for the rudder. I will move my a123 pack back a little bit and that should fix it.

After tearing everything down to diagnose the engine problem, there was some evidence of the spinner backplate rubbing against the front of the cowl. How do you guys shim your motor out if you need to? I think a single flat washer between the standoff and the firewall would be enough. I've never performed this, so I thought I would ask your all's suggestion.

On a side note, the engine problem turned out to be that the supply line came loose inside the fuel tank