• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

gyro

GSN Contributor
For cap232:

I did use the hole in the bottom of the motorbox after all, and did use the vent cutout. Even though I'm not running a pipe, I thought it'd help move more cooling air past the engine.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371265346.869992.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371265368.302312.jpg

Thanks to Joe Smith for sending me some longer prop bolts so I could get my spinner mounted up!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371265495.676827.jpg

Since I added a little weight up front, I moved my battery back a few inches onto the rudder servo tray.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371265728.685982.jpg

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
servos came today :D:D:D just in time for me to crash my only flyable plane, so pulling an all nighter to get the plane done for tomorrow. should be some good flying weather

Letzrock

50cc
Here my son flying my 72"

[video=youtube;2pbToFslm6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbToFslm6Y&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
maidened my 72 yesterday. what a sweet and smooth airplane, im already in love. my one qualm is the new v2 design...on a 6s5000 setup i dont think it is possible to get a forward cg. i have my battery shoved all the way forward (motrolfly 4330 and castle ice 100 all the way up front on the standoffs) and i still rise a bit inverted. might have to invest in some 6s6000 packs unfortunately.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Here my son flying my 72"

[video=youtube;2pbToFslm6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbToFslm6Y&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Sweet flying! How old is your son?!?

maidened my 72 yesterday. what a sweet and smooth airplane, im already in love. my one qualm is the new v2 design...on a 6s5000 setup i dont think it is possible to get a forward cg. i have my battery shoved all the way forward (motrolfly 4330 and castle ice 100 all the way up front on the standoffs) and i still rise a bit inverted. might have to invest in some 6s6000 packs unfortunately.

Wouldn't a few ounces of lead be cheaper?