• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

bryanb

50cc
I mounted mine directly below the cortex on the battery tray but underneath the wing tube.

WP_20140317_001.jpg

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
I see. Thx. I ended up gluing a small flat table to the existing "table". So I was able to mount the Cortex where you did, and then the RX directly behind it. Yours seems simpler...

syspig

New to GSN!
The noob report.

Maiden flight this AM. Very light mist, but it was dead calm. Unfortunately, after the initial flight the ceiling dropped and rain got a bit heavier - called it a day. So, 'twas very brief and uneventful, and I'm not even close to calling myself a 3D pilot - but saw enough to know this is the best plane by far in the hangar. Even at my skill level, I understand the rave reviews.

Had enough time to trim and do the pattern a couple times, a few knife edges, one quick attempted flat spin and one harrier attempt. All on low rates. Knife edge was super easy and precise, no need for any elevator but more rudder than I'm guessing will be typical once I move the CG back a bit. Ran with a conservative forward CG for the first flight, definitely nose heavy...would have moved the battery back an inch or so if weather permitted a second flight, probably even more on subsequent flights. Have plenty of space to the tube with the Glacier 3700's I'm using.

Forward CG made the harrier less than ideal. Still, everything was super precise; no wing rock, stall was very predictable.

Straight line flight was awesome...can't believe how well this bird tracks, almost as well as my 48" Vanquish. Did a little inverted, but not much - required far too much down elevator given the forward CG, and I was only comfortable doing it at an altitude that was too close to the low ceiling.

Brought it around for a low speed approach, and could have set it down perfectly first time. Just wanted to see it go by low and slow at eye level once. Brought it around again, greased the landing right in front of me - super easy. A very brief flight, but I can't say a saw a single bad habit even without ideal CG.

Bring on the sun!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Welcome to the "Laser league". I am excited to get our 80 year old member's Laser maidened when the damn snow melts! Very excited to see the smile on his face.
Congrats and enjoy it.

bryanb

50cc
Welcome future addict. :)

Someone compared these planes to a drug addiction - all you need is a taste of your own. And another great thing is that EF's customer service is great.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Funny... I wonder what would happen if Chris could afford to give away a 60" to one or two members of every club in the world. Talk about creating your own market share!

"Pst pst. Hey, ya you. Come here. Try this (handing over the Tx). After one pass, maybe a KE (the first ever done so easily) or a poptop (feeling like a circus act spinning a plate on a stick). OK ok. Not too much (grabbing back the Tx) at once now. You want more? I knew you would. Go here http://www.extremeflightrc.com/
Talk to a guy named Chris. He'll set you up!"

Bwahahahaha!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
My man Curtis has shot a Laser at me(by big brown truck of course). I am just geeked! Should be here Monday or Tuesday. Not certain on the details of the build yet. Guess better get the basement straight!