• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

hone

150cc
I'm really excited to get this plane. It sucks that it's still a little ways out but i've got the gear laid out just waiting for a Laser. It'll get 7245s all the way around and the Torque/AB combo with CC 10A BEC.

I need a new 60'' plane bad so this thing needs to get here!

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I'm trying to decide which servos I am going to put in mine. I have tested and love the 7245's, as well as the Futaba S9070's, which are sadly discontinued now. I may try some JR 3711's or even the new 9411's.

7245s probably for me. This might be the subject of my 15cc project. I think I will build an electric one first though. One of the locals has the Torque V2 he is trying to sell to me.

gyro

GSN Contributor
spy photo:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366926936.429142.jpg

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I can't decide on the scheme I'm going to get.... I was set on the red with some custom graphics but that yellow scheme looks really awesome. And damn, those are some sick ailerons.

I also think I have made up my mind about servos. I think I am going to give these a try: http://www.graupner.de/en/products/7980/product.aspx
Brushless, high voltage, 125 oz-in, .12 transit time.

Since the Goblin 500 came out there have been a lot of heli guys motivated to find some killer mini servos. Right now these seem to be at the top but Bert Kammerer has been talking about a new MKS servo that should be out very shortly that may outperform them or at least be cheaper.

But now that 7245's are down to ~60 bucks a piece, they are pretty hard to beat.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I've got them in my Extra and I agree. I would give the edge to Futaba S9070's for centering and torque but the Hitecs are faster, easier to install, cheaper, and not discontinued like the Futabas LOL.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Me thinks the 48" MXS and 3DHS Edge are on the block! FOR SALE!!!!!!!

This is a winner!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
There is a shot or two of the 60'' Laser in this video [video=youtube;AmKEb9XqDmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmKEb9XqDmE[/video]

I know that's been around for a while but I'm just seeing it for the first time. Great teaser!