• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That looks absolutely great nice work. And I looked as hard as can at the pictures to see if there was any bleed on the taping could not find one that's good. Like to know how you did that please give a small how to on that. Thanks.

If you're getting bleed with base clear, you are hosing it on too thick or you have over reduced......or your using the wrong reducer.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
A Dave Brown classic! I used to paint a lot of airplanes for people before the world went to ARF's.
Yes, a classic indeed. I have had it for so long, I don't remember when I bought it. . . . . :lol2:. It's just sitting, half finished in the box it came in.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
If you're getting bleed with base clear, you are hosing it on too thick or you have over reduced......or your using the wrong reducer.
That and you really need to watch the shrinkage on blue Fine Line tape. It will shrink and pull up on a sharp curve if your not paying attention. That and it likes to bridge up where it overlaps another piece.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That and you really need to watch the shrinkage on blue Fine Line tape. It will shrink and pull up on a sharp curve if your not paying attention. That and it likes to bridge up where it overlaps another piece.

Good point, I got bit by that this week. Little bit on this compound curve bunched up so small I could not see it. No touching up though, would likely make it more noticable.

Attachments

• IMG_20160802_234552.jpg
    IMG_20160802_234552.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 244

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I guess the day has come to start doing some painting. I brought everything but the wings to work with me today so I'll see if I can get something accomplished.

I'll start by getting all the edges masked up and then spray some white on everything that gets either white or red. Spraying white under the red will make it cover much better. When the white is dry I'll mask off the white stripe and spray all the red. When the red is dry it will be time to mask again and spray the black.

Being a holiday weekend it's the perfect time to do it. The problem is it's also supposed to be REALLY nice this weekend, so I'm going to need to get at it if I'm going to get this painted and go flying!

20160902_122442_resized.jpg