• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I finally got around to spraying the black and clear on my cowl today. I was going to do it yesterday, but got talked into putting a drive axle in one of my brothers cars in the afternoon and it turned into a real pain.

20160803_132732_resized.jpg
20160803_140111_resized.jpg
20160803_183328_resized.jpg
20160803_183400_resized.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I finally got around to spraying the black and clear on my cowl today. I was going to do it yesterday, but got talked into putting a drive axle in one of my brothers cars in the afternoon and it turned into a real pain.

View attachment 84948 View attachment 84949 View attachment 84950 View attachment 84951

That looks absolutely great nice work. And I looked as hard as can at the pictures to see if there was any bleed on the taping could not find one that's good. Like to know how you did that please give a small how to on that. Thanks.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
That looks absolutely great nice work. And I looked as hard as can at the pictures to see if there was any bleed on the taping could not find one that's good. Like to know how you did that please give a small how to on that. Thanks.
For most of the cowl I used 3M blue painters tape and cut my squares out with a sharp X-Acto. Those lines turned out pretty nice. The front edge was done with blue Fine Lines tape masked by hand, and the results weren't quite as good. The good thing was I was able to take an X-Acto and very carefully scrape the tiny screw ups and straighten out everything.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Doug,

That cowl looks AWESOME.! ! ! ! . . . . . :yesss:. When/if I ever get my Illusion built, I'll have to send it to you so can paint it. . . . . :laughing:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Doug,

That cowl looks AWESOME.! ! ! ! . . . . . :yesss:. When/if I ever get my Illusion built, I'll have to send it to you so can paint it. . . . . :laughing:
A Dave Brown classic! I used to paint a lot of airplanes for people before the world went to ARF's.