• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
What did you pay for those servos?  Specs close to my Savox 1270 so just curious although I have not read any review on the OMG so please share your feedback.  

Ohio.AV8TOR said
What did you pay for those servos?  Specs close to my Savox 1270 so just curious although I have not read any review on the OMG so please share your feedback.  
The retail price on these particular servos  is $128.88 USD/ea but remember the Savox 1270 is not a brushless servo, while this OmG servo is Brushless

started assembling the ribs on the second wing half, its a long process, lots of measurement, plus the fact there is a 2 degree washout and this has to be the same on both wing panels, lots of coffee at this stage LOL
w.jpg

x.jpg

y.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Forgues-Research said
Finally got my new OmG servos, 450 oz torque  check the specs.

I recently had a conversation with a Hitec regarding the difference in torque values on their brushless verses the coreless sevo's. I've been using the 7954's, 5665's and now the upgraded 7950's on my Sukhoi. I was informed that torque on a brushless is much more accurate than the specified rating on a coreless. How much of this is true? That being the case, (if it in fact is true) A 450 oz. brushless should be much more powerful than a 450 oz. coreless...right?

stangflyer said
Forgues-Research said
Finally got my new OmG servos, 450 oz torque  check the specs.

I recently had a conversation with a Hitec regarding the difference in torque values on their brushless verses the coreless sevo's. I've been using the 7954's, 5665's and now the upgraded 7950's on my Sukhoi. I was informed that torque on a brushless is much more accurate than the specified rating on a coreless. How much of this is true? That being the case, (if it in fact is true) A 450 oz. brushless should be much more powerful than a 450 oz. coreless...right?
Since I don't know how they measure the ratings, I don't really know but being precise, yes and very very quiet. The starting torque is great but I don't think it  is more then a coreless of the same rating. I do know they are very fast , The one I have shown was at a lower rating but twice the speed, and after I suggested to them to change the gears , make it slower , as we don't need the speed for heli tail rotors, they have done just that , doubled the power and half the speed which is still more speed then we will ever need in airplanes

Since OmG makes both coreless and brushless, I will ask them about your question

Well as I am plugging away at the big dalotel, I have received the drawings for a standoff scale dalotel, which is 80 inch wingspan, I am going to have enlarge them to 100 inch wingspan, which will make it 31 % , Now this is just a straight forward model built airplane and only standoff scale, to replace my highly modified Laser, and it too will be flying electric , all of the electronics from the Laser is intact and going to be in the Small dalotel.

Fuselage is pretty straight forward with plywood sides etc. but where I will make the changes is for the wing panels, stabilizer/elevator , fin/rudder

I don't know how many of you have done or seen or know of Jig built foam rib wings, but since I have very positive experience with this, this is how I am going to do all flying controls. 

It makes for super straight, very light and very strong wings.

Stay tuned, but I might start a different thread for this not to confuse