• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" mxs

wedoitall

Don't apologize or feel stupid. We all learned by asking questions or reading about this stuff.

yea but you would think of all the 3d manuveurs i can do , i should be able to set my plane up right. just like if you can takeoff and fly 3d you should be able to land proper.

However, that firewall looks kinda fishy. Was there a rebuild done? If the front end isn't aligned properly, it could cause the thrust angle to be off, but you could mix that out on your radio.

how do i do that? a throttle to rudder mix?

i didnt notice it till today, the firewall. but no rebuild. i know exactly when the guy bought it and im pretty sure the flights flown on the airframe so far are around 15. pretty sure that firewall is a manufacturing defect. LOL, im sure ill get some flak for saying that, being these are laser cut and all. but i have another plane i bought new that i had to modify the antirotation pin and holes to get the wing to seat right.

Any chance something is loose in the bird? This might change both vertical and lateral CG.

Is it consistent in its negative effects? What I mean is: is whatever bad consistently there or is it there and gone again?

I agree that servos could be the problem, I ran HS-55's in a plane once and couldn't control it in 3D I switched to HS-65hb's and it was like a whole different plane. I could not believe the difference that it made.

i have everything bolted down really good. everything is both velcro'd and strapped or zipped tied down. im gonna move cg back closer to neutral and try it again. and maybe check lateral. the Emax that the guy used before are the same size as my 5245's may try those LOL. if a didnt live in the daggone boonies, id just run to a hobby shop and get me some servos. the closest one is 1.5 hr drive and they dont carry 85mgs. the 85 i have now is weird at center its solid but at full up theres some slop and full down theres alil play.

have any of you just bought the gears and changed them yourself?

wedoitall

had a guy on rcgroups tell me he messed up his firewall kinda the same as mine is and his MXS wasnt flying good at all until he fixed it. wonder what would be the best way to fix? if youll notice the gap in the pic on the first page of this thread. The piece of balsa thats going vertical, paralell with the fuse in the pic on the same side as the gap. Looks like i would have to cut that just a hair to get the firewall to go back the way it should, to fix the gap.

gyro

GSN Contributor
had a guy on rcgroups tell me he messed up his firewall kinda the same as mine is and his MXS wasnt flying good at all until he fixed it. wonder what would be the best way to fix? if youll notice the gap in the pic on the first page of this thread. The piece of balsa thats going vertical, paralell with the fuse in the pic on the same side as the gap. Looks like i would have to cut that just a hair to get the firewall to go back the way it should, to fix the gap.

If the fuse and motorbox look secure, the easiest fix is to skip the cutting, and just use a few washers in there to regain the stock angle for the right thrust.

As for the gear change, yes, I've done a few changes myself. If you look on you tube, there are a few videos to walk you through the change. Must cheaper and faster than sending into hitec that's all they need.

wedoitall

well i found another problem. in the pics the canopy is as far forward as i can get it. and on top of that i had the canopy latch fall out LOL.

but i am kinda disappointed.

msx1.jpgmxs2.jpgmxs3.jpg

wedoitall

imo he should have contacted EF when he received this. the plane is barely a month old. pretty sure it came to him like this as there looks to be no repair work done, if there was dude is beyond a professional LOL.

but anyways back to the debonding. whats gonna suck is that i think ill have to get the CF rods loose also, as they will need to move back just a tad also. idk, scratching my head alil on this one.

gyro

GSN Contributor
imo he should have contacted EF when he received this. the plane is barely a month old. pretty sure it came to him like this as there looks to be no repair work done, if there was dude is beyond a professional LOL.

but anyways back to the debonding. whats gonna suck is that i think ill have to get the CF rods loose also, as they will need to move back just a tad also. idk, scratching my head alil on this one.

Yeah, if that's the way it arrived to him, yes, he should've call them at least. I hope you can get it fixed.

wedoitall

oh yea ha! I forgot to mention i had another problem but already fixed it. On the right aileron horn, the wood that you epoxy the control horn in came apart, like i delaminated itself. The horn was still epoxy'd in but about 2 inches of wood under the covering was loose. I had to cut the covering and epoxy it back together.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Thrust line is most likely not the issue. You will need a really bad thrust angle to make the plane misbehave like that, and it would be apparent to the eye.

I would imagine the canopy gap is purely cosmetic. There is no reason that should cause any flight issues. Besides, doesn't the canopy cover it?

What motor, ESC, prop, and battery are you running? I helped a friend set up his MXS and it was overweight and underpowered when we started (non-standard setup) and it was a handful. With the right set up it came alive.

wedoitall

only problem with the canopy the notches on the canopy doesn't want to go into the holes in the firewall very well at all. they are just barely on there, which puts stress on the canopy and the canopy latch, plus in the back of my mind ill be worried about the canopy ejected at some point.

im running atm a sunnysky 2820-800 (140 gram) ZTW b series 65amp esc 13x6.5 xoar, and glaciers/nanotech 4s 2600. lipos all read under 3 on IR reading on my PL6. I was a tad nose heavy .

the firewall looks kinda warped, especially towards the top.

oh yea btw the nanotechs came with the plane. Just thought I should clarify so I don't tarnish my "haven't bought a single thing from HOBBYKING" record :D