• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" mxs

gyro

GSN Contributor
only problem with the canopy the notches on the canopy doesn't want to go into the holes in the firewall very well at all. they are just barely on there, which puts stress on the canopy and the canopy latch, plus in the back of my mind ill be worried about the canopy ejected at some point.

im running atm a sunnysky 2820-800 (140 gram) ZTW b series 65amp esc 13x6.5 xoar, and glaciers/nanotech 4s 2600. lipos all read under 3 on IR reading on my PL6. I was a tad nose heavy .

the firewall looks kinda warped, especially towards the top.

oh yea btw the nanotechs came with the plane. Just thought I should clarify so I don't tarnish my "haven't bought a single thing from HOBBYKING" record :D

I can personally vouch that the sunnysky 2820-800 on 4s with 13x6.5 puts out tons of power.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
only problem with the canopy the notches on the canopy doesn't want to go into the holes in the firewall very well at all. they are just barely on there, which puts stress on the canopy and the canopy latch, plus in the back of my mind ill be worried about the canopy ejected at some point.

im running atm a sunnysky 2820-800 (140 gram) ZTW b series 65amp esc 13x6.5 xoar, and glaciers/nanotech 4s 2600. lipos all read under 3 on IR reading on my PL6. I was a tad nose heavy .

the firewall looks kinda warped, especially towards the top.

oh yea btw the nanotechs came with the plane. Just thought I should clarify so I don't tarnish my "haven't bought a single thing from HOBBYKING" record :D

OK, your setup looks good then. The Sunnysky is a fine motor and the ZTW ESC also works very well. Batteries are the right size.

Does the rear of the canopy sit in the notch in the fuselage correctly? If not, then you could probably sand the front of the canopy until everything lines up. Or just buy a new canopy for 20 bucks.

Are there any warps in the wings? What does it do if you try to do an elevator?

wedoitall

the rear of the canopy fits ok but isnt perfect. its tight and theres alil pressure on the latch. i did mod the latch hole in the canopy to make it fit better. the problem with the canopy is in the top of the firewall/first former. the firewall is warped at the middle to the top and the wood tabs on the canopy and the front end of the canopy doesnt want to seat on the firewall/former to well.

i couldnt see where the wings are warped any but ill look again. ive only flown it once and if i remember right doing an elevator is OK, but im hope'n to go fly it again today. i worked on the firewall area so its alil better, and the cowl was alil skewed and the spinner gap was alil bigger than what i would done, so i fixed that. i put some different servos in so we will see hows those work out. redid tailwheel just in case there was some binding going on there. i went over everything i could think of.

wedoitall

flew the baby mxs again this evening. BIG difference, pretty freakin awesome lil plane. 80+ degrees of elevator throw is pretty wild and fun. high alpha, harriers and what not was pretty awesome. really pretty rolling harriers also. I do have some left thrust that needs to be took out and I still need to play with CG was still to nose heavy for my taste. but I could tell after this evening im gonna really like it. totally different plane. gonna try Codys advice and sand the front wood part of the canopy to see if I can get a lil bit better fit, but its not too bad. so after I get thrust and cg fine tuned I believe it will be perfect. that sunnysky motor is pretty awesome, was gonna switch out with the 2820 motrolfly but I think ill keep the sunnysky for the time being.

I really appreciate everybodys help and feedback :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
flew the baby mxs again this evening. BIG difference, pretty freakin awesome lil plane. 80+ degrees of elevator throw is pretty wild and fun. high alpha, harriers and what not was pretty awesome. really pretty rolling harriers also. I do have some left thrust that needs to be took out and I still need to play with CG was still to nose heavy for my taste. but I could tell after this evening im gonna really like it. totally different plane. gonna try Codys advice and sand the front wood part of the canopy to see if I can get a lil bit better fit, but its not too bad. so after I get thrust and cg fine tuned I believe it will be perfect. that sunnysky motor is pretty awesome, was gonna switch out with the 2820 motrolfly but I think ill keep the sunnysky for the time being.

I really appreciate everybodys help and feedback :D

Great news, really happy to read this!

oh yea I took the wingtips off also, they will be staying off.

:D Great minds think a like...

wedoitall

I really love this plane. my buddy was watching my expressions on the first time seeing me fly it sunday. he just kept saying, you really like this one. I love the violence and flying by the seat of my pants. hard to go back to one of my slower/floatier planes after flying the MXS. but I do wanna try a bigger motor. it does some sweet rollers too. I think I can do them best with this plane already. this is the first plane that ive went thru the entire trim chart(goldsmiths) to tweak. didn't need to do all of the mixes either.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Here's a video of my MXS at Nall, what an awesome plane! My flying was a bit rough, as I was a big bundle of nerves since my laser crashed about 15 mins earlier(rudder and elevator crapped out, as hobbyking was getting video of my flight no less) and I hadn't flown this one in about 6 months(brought it as backup for my laser, and glad I did!). I can tell the difference in rudder authority between the two by watching my torque rolls on this flight lol.Anyway, atleast it's a video of me :D
[video=youtube;hL91BLaVSEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL91BLaVSEM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: