• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Extra 300 EXP

I didn't have to do any modification. They dropped right in with no problems.

In fact, I think they are a little more secure than smaller servos because they don't have room to rotate in the servo cutout the way a smaller servo can.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You say almost... How much modifying is there?

The servo is a little bit deeper than the 65's so you may need to fit a riser to the servo rails if the servo won't fit flush. Some airplanes need this, some don't. It's well worth the effort though.

I just ordered my first Extreme Flight 48" Extra 300 with the power combo. What discharge rate do you guys recommend for a 4S battery for this combo? is 70C too much?

SnowDog

I just ordered my first Extreme Flight 48" Extra 300 with the power combo. What discharge rate do you guys recommend for a 4S battery for this combo? is 70C too much?

If you could get an actual 70C discharge rate that would be awesome...I tend to disbelieve the really high discharge rates...I suspect you are paying more than what you should for that label. 40C is probably more than enough.
On a 48" airframe, I doubt your power combo could pull anything close to 70C anyway.