Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" and 78" Extra 300

Discussion in 'ExtremeFlight/3DHS' started by Bushwacker, Apr 6, 2015.

1. subx

subx New to GSN!

Has anyone put a DA-50 or DLE-55 on the 78"? I have a motor that needs a home and I haven't seen any recent news on the 50cc 3dhs plane they mentioned at Joe Nall.

2. Bushwacker

Bushwacker 3DRCF Moderator

Haven't heard of anyone doing it. Will it fit? The 78 is more of a 30cc airframe I think.

3. The 76//83" MXS seems to be the Extreme Flight place in favor to bump up to a 50cc.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  4. Brashair

Brashair 30cc

I have a DA50 in my EF 78" Extra. With 12oz of fuel it comes in at 14lbs and it flies better at 14lbs with the DA50 than it did at 13lbs with a VVRC40. I get over 12mins of flight time because I seldom need to go over half throttle. It has an awesome wow factor pulling out of a hover. I moved the firewall back about 1 1/4" inches for it to work. I feel like the motor box on the gas 78" is too long anyway. People are always struggling to get a nice spinner gap and get a decent overlap of the cowl to the canopy.

5. hyunuk

hyunuk New to GSN!

i wish to fly extreme flight plane ...