• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" and 78" Extra 300

Bipenut53

150cc
Wow Doc!! That would be a lot of fun!!! Too bad I cant go that far, I may send my son and his EF 91" Yak. He lives in Vidalia Ga. so its not too far for him.....

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So hey Bipenut tell more about the 60 EF Extra. Your experience flying and putting it together. I'm thinking I will use the motor that I had in my Vyper. Should do very well in that airframe. DM 4320 450kv on 6S I was running it with 5000mah packs which may be a bit to heavy for the 60".

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
So hey Bipenut tell more about the 60 EF Extra. Your experience flying and putting it together. I'm thinking I will use the motor that I had in my Vyper. Should do very well in that airframe. DM 4320 450kv on 6S I was running it with 5000mah packs which may be a bit to heavy for the 60".

That setup is too heavy, Bush. The EF 60 inchers call for a motor in class of the MF 4315 with a 3300 pack. That's what I have in my EF 60 Yak-54 and it perfect!

BTW, I thought that power combo was in your Aerobeez 64 MXS?

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
LOL Not any more bro. Let a buddy fly it and she is no more. So I salvaged the motor, electronics and servos. Now Im looking to build another plane around these parts. They originally came out of my 65" Vyper, you think they would be too heavy for the 60" even if I drop the battery size? You know I was looking at the 70" Extra 300 as well. Only thing is the second or third paragraph on their site says and I quoted this from the site

"Designed for 1700-2000 Watt power systems and 6S, 7S, or 8S LiPo batteries, or 26-30cc gas engines, the Extra provides the presence and performance of much larger aircraft on a significantly reduced budget. With the proliferation of quality budget battery packs, one can purchase multiple packs at very reasonable costs and fly virtually non-stop during each visit to the field!"

If I remember right this setup is running at about 2500 Watts. So it should be okay don't you think? I mean it's only about 500 Watts more.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
LOL Not any more bro. Let a buddy fly it and she is no more. So I salvaged the motor, electronics and servos. Now Im looking to build another plane around these parts. They originally came out of my 65" Vyper, you think they would be too heavy for the 60" even if I drop the battery size? You know I was looking at the 70" Extra 300 as well. Only thing is the second or third paragraph on their site says and I quoted this from the site

"Designed for 1700-2000 Watt power systems and 6S, 7S, or 8S LiPo batteries, or 26-30cc gas engines, the Extra provides the presence and performance of much larger aircraft on a significantly reduced budget. With the proliferation of quality budget battery packs, one can purchase multiple packs at very reasonable costs and fly virtually non-stop during each visit to the field!"

If I remember right this setup is running at about 2500 Watts. So it should be okay don't you think? I mean it's only about 500 Watts more.

The power they quote seems quite low for the 70 Extra. Would have to be a very light plane. I would think that motor would be underpowered for that plane. I had the MF 4330 on 6S 6000 in my Aerobeez 71 Extra and I found it to be slightly underpowered for hard 3D.

You might take a look at the 63" Ventique, from Quique Somenzini's new company. I've got one on my build table right now, I think that power setup could be spot on. It's a beautiful plane and really high quality. Take a look at the recommended setup and compare it to what you have.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Where did you buy yours from and is there a web address? Google search didn't provide me with a lot of information to a direct link.

Bipenut53

150cc
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] Im sorry I missed this question. The 60" Extra flys like a dream even with 5000mah batteries, I get 7 minute flights with it with those packs. Great flying airplane and can handle anything you throw at it. Knife edge spins are great with it along with harriers and such. Cant go wrong with that set up!