• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

42% electronics

If it were me . 6014hs with smartfly turbo reg with two futaba leads off of each out put for battery power, should still leave 11 slots for servos if I remember right. If your using a Futaba 8fg 12fg,12z, 14mz, 14 SG, or 18mz. You can match the servos in the radio. Eliminating the need for matchboxes.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
EQ 10
Dual RX for RPG proof system
2x A123 2300 for the servos(it's good for up to 4 flights and then charge them in 10 minuts)
1xA123 2300 for ignition(good for more than 10 flights)
Engine cut off

Switch, up to you ether the fail safe switch plug flag or Fromeco wolverine (the butts goes thru it.

im running the JR DMSS XBUS high current system. center hub, single infinity rx. super fast, super easy. my back up plane has the RG1131BPU power bus rx

yakken

100cc
Eq10
Hitec rx
Dual 4600 a123 packs
2300 a123 for ignition
Choke servo/kill
Heavy duty ignition switch tail dragger rc
Smart fly switch
Savox 1258 throttle
1231's on everything else
Everything is hard wired and shielded to smartfly. Only connections are three pin mini deans for wings.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Believe it or not Futaba recommends Smart Fly. All of my large planes use the expander pro. All equipped with R6014HS receivers. I Tested 3 of the RCCSKJ boards and all three failed vibration, and voltage tests. Two would not hold the voltage setting dialed in and one would keep cutting out the ignition voltage. VERY risky board. I know they have several models (Four I think) but the three I tested were the top of the line.

Why Futaba recommends Smart Fly or Other "similar" board you ask???
Because it buffers and boosts the receiver signal voltage from 3vdc to 5vdc.
Some servos analog or digital will freak out on 3vdc signal. It also aids in the use of long servo extensions which are necessary in the big boyz.
:way_to_go:

2walla

50cc
When i bought my 3.3 meter yak it had a 14 channel futaba receiver fed by two sahara regulators via a wolverine switch. The setup had 10 flights on it, all of the wiring upstream of the receiver was pretty crispy. It wouldnt have gone too many more flights without a serious problem. It had 12 servos. I swapped it out for a powersafe and upgraded to 12 ga wire on the battery leads. I think the futaba receivers can handle the current, but you need to provide some additional y's to get the power distributed as 1-2 servo connectors with power into the receiver are not up to the task and the incoming side is the weak link.

I use a single Futaba 14 channel receiver with the Smart-Fly Micro Expander. This a nice compact unit that plugs directly into the receiver with heavy gauge wire to the battery plugs.
This set up can be used with LiIons or LiPos powering HV servos.
I also use the Tech-Aero IBEC which eliminates the ignition battery.